Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Conil, any info appreciated!

Moving to Conil, any info appreciated!

Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Moving to Conil, any info appreciated!

Hi Everyone!

We have decided we love Conil and are now in the process of looking for somewhere to live there. I would really appreciate any information, advice, things to do, anything I should know.

Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:35 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Conil, any info appreciated!

You should post on the local forum for that area and surrounding areas. I have pm´d you the details.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:07 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

We stayed in a great apartment when we first came to this area over five years ago now, I will pm you the link.
Yvonne
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Boaz 7648 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Aussie30
Have sent you a pm
Cheers
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

ZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really niceZoeOddJob is just really nice

Be careful, some parts of Conil are a nightmare in summer with partying in the streets going on until 6 in the morning! That´s every night, not just weekends, from what I´ve been told. Not too much of a problem if you don´t have to get up in the mornings to work, hell if you don´t need to join in!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:25 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZoeOddJob
Be careful, some parts of Conil are a nightmare in summer with partying in the streets going on until 6 in the morning! That´s every night, not just weekends, from what I´ve been told. Not too much of a problem if you don´t have to get up in the mornings to work, hell if you don´t need to join in!
They said, on a different thread, that they were only going to be there for 3 months, so summer partying won´t be an issue for them.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jjh
They said, on a different thread, that they were only going to be there for 3 months, so summer partying won´t be an issue for them.
That's correct! We are only going to be there for 3 months
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you found somewhere aussie!
Don't write Seville off though, its a wonderful place to visit. Did you go to the Alcazar?
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm glad you found somewhere aussie!
Don't write Seville off though, its a wonderful place to visit. Did you go to the Alcazar?
Thanks, we are feeling really good about it!
We haven't written Seville off, we are in a vacation apartment until Monday so have been doing some sightseeing in between house hunting. We have been to the Cathedral and went to Alcazar today actually, it was lovely. I just couldn't live in Seville, I find it really claustraphobic.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
Hi Everyone!

We have decided we love Conil and are now in the process of looking for somewhere to live there. I would really appreciate any information, advice, things to do, anything I should know.

Thanks!
LEARN SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:25 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
LEARN SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was a bit heavy, after all, they are only on an extended holiday.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
That was a bit heavy, after all, they are only on an extended holiday.
Pretty sure they said looking for a place to live, not holiday
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Pretty sure they said looking for a place to live, not holiday
Thanks, we are trying to learn a bit of Spanish, so far we are managing to communicate with people in English as well as using our translation book.
Like I said we are only going to be living here for about 3 months, not really time to learn Spanish properly but hopefully we will pick up a bit.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:53 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Conil is nice, but growing like cancer. It must be twice the size it was when we first went there.

The beach is good, especially the northern Fuente de gallo area. Just a little further north before the harbour, and there are some very small and hidden coves if you want real privacy.

All in all there are a lot worse places to go.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bil
Conil is nice, but growing like cancer. It must be twice the size it was when we first went there.

The beach is good, especially the northern Fuente de gallo area. Just a little further north before the harbour, and there are some very small and hidden coves if you want real privacy.

All in all there are a lot worse places to go.
Thanks, we've been down there and checked it out and it is exactly what we are after! We want somewhere that has the laid back, beach side lifestyle as well as enough cafes, restaurants and history to keep us going for 3 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.