Reload this Page >

Moving from the Caribbean to Valencia

Moving from the Caribbean to Valencia

Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:42 am
Just Joined

appleton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from the Caribbean to Valencia

Hello all,
To paint the picture, my husband and I are considering a move from the Eastern Caribbean to Valencia.
It's all a bit daunting even though we're both Brits.
What can we expect there and what's the deal with rental accommodation near the airport? Wherever we end up needs to be within striking distance.
Am very much looking forward to the move, for one it brings us closer to our nearest and dearest, but would very much appreciate any feedback, warts and all, this forum may have to offer.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from the Caribbean to Valencia

Originally Posted by appleton
Hello all,
To paint the picture, my husband and I are considering a move from the Eastern Caribbean to Valencia.
What can we expect there and what's the deal with rental accommodation near the airport? Wherever we end up needs to be within striking distance.
Am very much looking forward to the move, for one it brings us closer to our nearest and dearest, but would very much appreciate any feedback, warts and all, this forum may have to offer.
Thanks in advance.
I cant really answer this, but aren`t you going in the wrong direction ?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:06 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
Thanks in advance.
I'm about 80 kms south of Valencia ..... Flight to the UK is just over 2 hours and it takes me 40 mins to get to the airport, so I can be back in the UK really quickly.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
I cant really answer this, but aren`t you going in the wrong direction ?
Yea, I guess you can say we are but it's work led unfortunately!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Moving from the Caribbean to Valencia

Can anyone advise the best sites to look for rental accommodation? As I said, we're moving from the West Indies. The key location for us will be access to the airport. How is public transportation to the airport? Should we be looking at long term car rental, at least to start with initially til we get a feel for the area. Any advice would really be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Can anyone advise the best sites to look for rental accommodation? As I said, we're moving from the West Indies. The key location for us will be access to the airport. How is public transportation to the airport? Should we be looking at long term car rental, at least to start with initially til we get a feel for the area. Any advice would really be welcome. Thanks in advance.
The new Metro line from the airport to the city centre opened this week (1.70 euros one way).

Valencia airport is very accessible by car, we live in a town on the outskirts of Valencia and it takes us 15 minutes.

When we arrived we ordered a new car and hired one for three months, about 90 euros a week.

For renting ideas, try a site like http://www.comprarcasa.com/ and click on 'Alquiler'.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by derek500
The new Metro line from the airport to the city centre opened this week (1.70 euros one way).

Valencia airport is very accessible by car, we live in a town on the outskirts of Valencia and it takes us 15 minutes.

When we arrived we ordered a new car and hired one for three months, about 90 euros a week.

For renting ideas, try a site like http://www.comprarcasa.com/ and click on 'Alquiler'.
Many thanks for the tips. Not knowing that side of Spain at all would you recommend looking to rent in central Valencia or in a town on the outskirts? 15 to 20 minutes to the airport is definitely manageable. Thanks.
Old May 4th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

N3r0-N3tj4cK is an unknown quantity at this point

The new metro connecting the city to the airport is now up and running.

I haven't been on it but I think it takes roughly 20 minutes, if that. Driving from the centre to the airport is just as fast.

Try here for flat renting:

http://valencia.loquo.com/

The average price is around 600 euros, depending on where you stay, size etc.