Reload this Page >

Moving to benidorm

Moving to benidorm

Old Mar 20th 2017, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

efarrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to benidorm

Hi,

I am 27 and looking to move to benidorm or surrounding areas just after some advise,

I am director of a company so can do my work in The uk from Spain what's best places to look for a place to rent what areas would you recommend also other things I need to do
Old Mar 20th 2017, 10:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to benidorm

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 21st 2017, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by efarrow
Hi,

I am 27 and looking to move to benidorm or surrounding areas just after some advise,

I am director of a company so can do my work in The uk from Spain what's best places to look for a place to rent what areas would you recommend also other things I need to do
Hi, I live in Benidorm and at this time of year it's often difficult to find a long term rental as most apartments are being rented out to holidaymakers. The best thing you could do is look in estate agents windows ( or call in ) to see what is available. Long term rentals are snapped up as soon as they become available. There are often more rentals available more inland so it will depend on whether you want to live in Benidorm itself or not.

Albir, Altea, Alfaz, La Cala and La Nucia are also excellent places to live.

To live in Spain full time you will need an NIE number and prove to the authorities you have healthcare covered and your income is sufficient enough so you will not become a burden on the state.

Hope thats gave you some useful information. If you have any specific questions regarding Benidorm I may be able to help.

Steve.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 9:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by efarrow
Hi,

You may be doing all your work in the UK BUT, Spain will expect you to pay taxes to them and you would need to set up some sort of business to keep on working from Spain, so a bit of professional advice would be in order.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 10:39 am
Just Joined

efarrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike,

Thank's for your message, will be getting some professional advise and pay all needed taxes which i need to in Spain,

Just wanted to get some general advise on here from people living in spain as so much to look in to.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Sasha76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I’m wondering what you have to do to move to Benidorm? Do you have to have a job offer and do you have to apply or get any kind of visa Etc? Any help gratefully received.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 1:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sasha76
Hi I’m wondering what you have to do to move to Benidorm? Do you have to have a job offer and do you have to apply or get any kind of visa Etc? Any help gratefully received.
Are you British? do you have an EU passport, if so then you can just go, however you will be expected to have a certain amount of money in your account, and have health cover arranged, if you have a contracted job offer then you will get cover through the Spanish NHS in the same way that Spanish people do other wise you will need private cover.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 1:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi yes I’m English Hun and I’m looking at working at a Benidorm hospital as a nurse. I’m new to Benidorm but my father lives out there every winter for the whole season. Do you have to register with anyone before you move out there or can I just simply get on a plane and live there? What amount of money are you expected to have in your bank account?

Thanks for you reply.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

ned flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond repute

What is English Hun?
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

You can move here to Benidorm when you like and just rent an apartment etc. If you want to live here permanently and "Legally" you will eventually need to sign on the foreigners register, have healthcare sorted and pay taxes here. There is only one NHS type of Hospital close to Benidorm which is about 8 miles out of town and the rest are private.

Do you speak fluent Spanish?

Do you have sufficient funds in a Spanish bank account to satisfy the authorities that you will not be a burden on the state?

It's great here in Benidorm 😀
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

I would definitely want to be permanent and totally legal so I’d have no nasty surprises in the future. I do not speak spanish whatsoever but I have 3 years to learn before I make the big move. I’m hoping a lot of Benidorm speak English though?!
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would definitely want to be permanent and totally legal so I’d have no nasty surprises in the future. I do not speak spanish whatsoever but I have 3 years to learn before I make the big move. I’m hoping a lot of Benidorm speak English though?!
Plenty of Brits live here and plenty of foreigners here speak English.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 10:25 pm

Unfortunately it is not just about speaking the language or being surrounded by people who speak the same language as you. If you will be applying for qualified jobs you will need to have your qualifications converted into Spanish ones, you will probably (I believe) need to pass the Spanish Opposiciones exam and then apply alongside the Spanish applicants of which there will be many. Unemployment levels in all spheres are high so they are rarely desperate for staff, more people than jobs appears to be the norm.

Saying all of that I really do wish you good luck.

Rosemary
Old Nov 25th 2017, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

I didn’t realise nurses were so common over Benidorm. I’m the Uk they are desperately needed. Is it not the same in Spain? Xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.