Reload this Page >

Moving Back to the UK

Moving Back to the UK

Old Dec 5th 2013, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Bidge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Back to the UK

Hi All,

I have just moved to Spain from the UK, I brought my belongings here in a LWB Mercedes Sprinter, its UK registered and MOT'ed, Now my issue is, if I keep it here I have to register it as a Spanish vehicle, but because its a van, I have to register it as a commercial vehicle.
So do I take it back to the uk to sell it?
Sell it to a trader and lose a considerable amount of cash?
Or does anyone know a Brit who is moving back to the UK who might want to buy it off me to take their stuff back to Blighty.
Its a 2009 vehicle with long MOT and Tax....

Any advice!!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 4:11 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back to the UK

Originally Posted by Bidge
Hi All,

I have just moved to Spain from the UK, I brought my belongings here in a LWB Mercedes Sprinter, its UK registered and MOT'ed, Now my issue is, if I keep it here I have to register it as a Spanish vehicle, but because its a van, I have to register it as a commercial vehicle.
Or does anyone know a Brit who is moving back to the UK who might want to buy it off me to take their stuff back to Blighty.

Any advice!!
Hi. Whereabouts are you and around how much would it be worth?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Bidge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

I have just moved to Arcos de la Frontera, I paid £8500 for the van back in the UK, but as it would cost me time and money to take it back to the UK would be open to offers around the 7k mark, if you want details of the van just let me know. these vans are around the 8/9k mark in the UK as they are usually subject to VAT if you buy them off Ebay etc, This Van is VAT free, it has a full service history and is in excellent condition (one of the reasons I bought it), it was serviced just before I drove here in the middle of October.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 4:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Any advice!!
Don't think you can reregister a commercial vehicle, particularly a van in Spain, so best to get rid.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 6:31 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You CANNOT re-register a RHD commercial vehicle in Spain - LHD yes

Davexf
Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:58 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

I have just moved to Arcos de la Frontera, I paid £8500 for the van back in the UK, but as it would cost me time and money to take it back to the UK would be open to offers around the 7k mark, if you want details of the van just let me know. these vans are around the 8/9k mark in the UK as they are usually subject to VAT if you buy them off Ebay etc, This Van is VAT free, it has a full service history and is in excellent condition (one of the reasons I bought it), it was serviced just before I drove here in the middle of October.
I've sent you a PM