Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moving Back to the UK

moving Back to the UK

Old May 3rd 2009, 8:46 am
Just Joined

expatchristy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving Back to the UK

Hi Im moving back to the UK does anyone have any suggestions or recommendtaions about one way van hire from spain to the UK? I am based near seville. Many thanks in advance for your replies.
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving Back to the UK

Originally Posted by expatchristy
Hi Im moving back to the UK does anyone have any suggestions or recommendtaions about one way van hire from spain to the UK? I am based near seville. Many thanks in advance for your replies.
Look in the free beer thread at the top of the page.
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

many thanks, that does the trick...
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:39 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Who said that............. The sight of Spain in your rear view mirror

Why are you going back Christy if you don't mind me asking.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

I haven't been able to find sufficient work and the income from the UK isn't what it was 2 years ago what with the Pounds new value against the euro. Which has been our lifeline for all this time.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:23 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been able to find sufficient work and the income from the UK isn't what it was 2 years ago what with the Pounds new value against the euro. Which has been our lifeline for all this time.
Sorry to hear that, you're not the first and probably won't be the last with this problem.
Old May 5th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Hope everything works out for you in the UK, good luck.
Old May 6th 2009, 12:56 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to get some quotes from removal companies. DIY furniture removal is quite hard work. If you have a part load and are not too restrictive with dates you might get a bargain. I found that cheaper than hiring a van.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought - we are coming out to Galicia with a big removals company. They may not have a load on the way back, and I suppose might do you a deal? If you want me to ask, PM me
Old May 6th 2009, 1:23 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

When I moved back, we found it cheaper to hire a removal company who charged by the sq meter, search the net for prices.

Don`t bother taking furniture, tv etc, not worth the expense and the UK cheaper to buy the goods than ship them.

Don`t get negative, moving to the UK was the best move we made so far.

Its not that bad.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:29 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to consider selling your stuff?

As a rule spanish will not be interested but Brits can't resist a bargain. Any old tat seems to sell well at car boot sales. Last week we made 152€ @ a charity auction on stuff we would have otherwise thrown in the skip.