Reload this Page >

Moving to Andalucia

Moving to Andalucia

Old Jul 28th 2011, 4:37 pm
njf
Forum Regular

njf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Andalucia

I have only just discovered this website - mea culpa! I have been using another website which has been providing some info but this one seems to be a lot more active, with many friendly users and providing lots of useful information. So this is my first post.

Well, this is another Moving to Spain thread.

My wife and I are planning on moving to Spain next year. We bought a house near Marbella three years ago with a view to ultimate retirement but which we have been letting on holiday lets. Due to redundancy, retirement has come a little earlier than expected so we are looking to emigrate next Spring.

Basically, I am looking for advice on what we need to consider and know about in making our final decision, particularly about tax considerations, both in the UK and Spain.

Can anyone recommend someone, preferably in London, who understands both UK and Spanish tax and can help us understand the ramifications?

My wife does not want to retire yet and, as she is from South America, is bilingual in Spanish and English. I know unemployment is pretty bad in the area but anyone know of whether that makes her any more employable?

TIA

norm
Old Jul 28th 2011, 4:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Andalucia

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Jul 28th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njf
I have only just discovered this website - mea culpa! I have been using another website which has been providing some info but this one seems to be a lot more active, with many friendly users and providing lots of useful information. So this is my first post.

Well, this is another Moving to Spain thread.

My wife and I are planning on moving to Spain next year. We bought a house near Marbella three years ago with a view to ultimate retirement but which we have been letting on holiday lets. Due to redundancy, retirement has come a little earlier than expected so we are looking to emigrate next Spring.

Basically, I am looking for advice on what we need to consider and know about in making our final decision, particularly about tax considerations, both in the UK and Spain.

Can anyone recommend someone, preferably in London, who understands both UK and Spanish tax and can help us understand the ramifications?

My wife does not want to retire yet and, as she is from South America, is bilingual in Spanish and English. I know unemployment is pretty bad in the area but anyone know of whether that makes her any more employable?

TIA

norm
What does your wife do for a living.Obviously spanish speaking helps but there are lots of spanish people unemployed at the mo.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 5:48 pm
njf
Forum Regular

njf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paintermujer
What does your wife do for a living.Obviously spanish speaking helps but there are lots of spanish people unemployed at the mo.
By profession she's an agronomist but can put her hand at most things. She is hoping her bilingual abilities will give her an advantage.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:03 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njf
By profession she's an agronomist but can put her hand at most things. She is hoping her bilingual abilities will give her an advantage.
yes, of course she would have an advantage by being biligual - but as said - it's pretty dire workwise in Spain atthe mo, although if she is truly prepared to turn her hand to anything she might be lucky
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njf
A bilingual agronomist eh? She deserves an advantage
Old Jul 30th 2011, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, good luck with your move and new life. There is work here although it may not be a top paid job you just have to keep your eyes and ears open, in fact I saw a job vacancy today that required both Spanish and English and that is for a kennel maids job, so being bilingual is a definite benefit.

Have a look to see if Beven Franks have an office in the UK, I know they have one in fuengirola and they seem to do a lot of advertising regarding tax and retirement issues but I am sure if you just have a look on the net and google tax advice for Spain within the London area, you should get something back.

I think we are a friendly forum although many of us, myself included do have our opinions and this often brings us into some conflict, When seeking advice it is better to put as much detail in as possible or accept that the information you get back may be given on the information provided.

Get yourselves over here first, if you can survive without having to work straight away, it will give you a good chance to look round and put the feelers out, it seems to be more of a place that is about who you know not always what you know.

Look at the adventure and enjoy the ride, get your good lady to join costawomen.ning.com this is for ladies from the entire sol area and is a mind of information although it is a new group, it may be worth a look even if you live else where as it seems to have sister groups through out Spain.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
I saw a job vacancy today that required both Spanish and English and that is for a kennel maids job, so being bilingual is a definite benefit.
(snips)
Did you notice where it was? DD is just awaiting results of animal welfare exams but ignores my pleas to do Spanish properly..... would be good to be able to show her there might just be more chance of finding a job in Spain!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:04 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
A bilingual agronomist eh? She deserves an advantage
Originally Posted by jay01
Hi, good luck with your move and new life. There is work here although it may not be a top paid job you just have to keep your eyes and ears open, in fact I saw a job vacancy today that required both Spanish and English and that is for a kennel maids job, so being bilingual is a definite benefit.

Have a look to see if Beven Franks have an office in the UK, I know they have one in fuengirola and they seem to do a lot of advertising regarding tax and retirement issues but I am sure if you just have a look on the net and google tax advice for Spain within the London area, you should get something back.

I think we are a friendly forum although many of us, myself included do have our opinions and this often brings us into some conflict, When seeking advice it is better to put as much detail in as possible or accept that the information you get back may be given on the information provided.

Get yourselves over here first, if you can survive without having to work straight away, it will give you a good chance to look round and put the feelers out, it seems to be more of a place that is about who you know not always what you know.

Look at the adventure and enjoy the ride, get your good lady to join costawomen.ning.com this is for ladies from the entire sol area and is a mind of information although it is a new group, it may be worth a look even if you live else where as it seems to have sister groups through out Spain.
Are you 2 really such smartasses that you know what and agronomist is? or are you just pretending to know?

I know now what it is,but had to look it up.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Are you 2 really such smartasses that you know what and agronomist is? or are you just pretending to know?

I know now what it is,but had to look it up.
Well I'm just that smartass. Unfortunately there isn't a raspberry smiley!!!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:17 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well I'm just that smartass. Unfortunately there isn't a raspberry smiley!!!
Oh well, I would not have expected any less of you.

I wanted to put a hands on hip saying nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, in a big girly way smiley, and there isnt one of those either
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wanted to put a hands on hip saying nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, in a big girly way smiley, and there isnt one of those either
Actually I went googling raspberry smileys and found some rather alternative versions involving girls wearing rather less than you might expect from someone on the fruit counter..............
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:25 pm
Banned

Actually I went googling raspberry smileys and found some rather alternative versions involving girls wearing rather less than you might expect from someone on the fruit counter..............
well, what are you waiting for, send me the link..........hurry up.

JL
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

blow raspberry
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.