Moving abroad!

Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

brizenorton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving abroad!

Hi,

Does anyone have any hints and tips on moving to Spain?

We are desperate to leave UK and are hoping to move to the costa del sol by Decemeber.

Any links to useful websites much apprectiated. In particular we are trying to find a decent property to rent long term, I havent had much luck finding many property websites without going through agencies, which appear to be a rip off!! (SNIP)
Thanks for any comments!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 8th 2008 at 12:54 pm. Reason: Removed commercial URL
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving abroad!

Look in local papers under classifieds for rental properties, Costa Del Sol News, Sur in English, Town Crier, they have hundreds of rentals and they are all online.
Pick your area, do you want coastal or inland, are you working if so do you speak spanish??? Spanish is vital if you want to work down here, else you will only get pot washer wages!!!
If you want to know a bit more, PM me.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brizenorton
Hi,

Does anyone have any hints and tips on moving to Spain?

We are desperate to leave UK and are hoping to move to the costa del sol by Decemeber.

Any links to useful websites much apprectiated. In particular we are trying to find a decent property to rent long term, I havent had much luck finding many property websites without going through agencies, which appear to be a rip off!! (SNIP)
Thanks for any comments!
Go to the Kyero web site for long term rentals, they always put a link to the original property rental web site, so you can use that link, then search their site. Remember using a commercial rental site is often a good idea as you always have someone to go to if their are problems, unlike a private rental when you might well have difficulty. We learnt that the hard way.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

denday23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dont mean to sound rude but are you sure Costa del Sol is best for you? we lived there for almost 3 years and finally sold back in 2003. we found a much cheaper property in Costa Blanca and found it to be far more laid back with not so much crime. But if Del Sol is were you want to be then I would suggest the Costadelsol news they also have a website.
Good luck
Denise and Dave