Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The move will go like this

The move will go like this

Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:59 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default The move will go like this

My best guess as to how this thing is going to develop would be:

A. Decide to move (already done) find property (already done)

B. In the run up to the move spend nights and days managing mini and not so mini panic attacks wondering if we are "doing the right thing"

C. Eventually arrive and spend a few weeks in Utopia on the sun terrace

D. Eventually wont notice the views or the sun and bordom sets in.

E. Wish we had never moved

F. Settle down and wish we had done it sooner

Does this sound about right then
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The move will go like this

panic attacks already setting in for me, lost the tenants for our UK property today, have exactly 2 weeks to get new ones in hhmmmm i knew something would go wrong!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:11 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK

B. In the run up to the move spend nights and days managing mini and not so mini panic attacks wondering if we are "doing the right thing"

You missed the bit about,working to kill the boredom.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:12 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by cajam31
panic attacks already setting in for me, lost the tenants for our UK property today, have exactly 2 weeks to get new ones in hhmmmm i knew something would go wrong!
A good house in the right area I am told will always attract tenants. If you are going through an estate agents they will shift it pretty fast I would guess. I am undecided on this point myself but we have decided to let just unsure whether we go with the agents and pay a 13% fee or go it alone. I think going it alone would be problematic for instance if something happened to me like has happened to you.

Good luck is all I can say, hang on in there
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

PERFECT
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:14 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
You missed the bit about,working to kill the boredom.
Is that after D or E do you think
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

yes smarties, the charge for an agent is 15% here which i begrudge paying! but seems like it will save hassle in the long run so probably best to use one, especially as we will be out of the country so unable to rectify any problems ourselves.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:30 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Well
ours went like this
A sell the house
B Stick in a pin
C catch a plane
D hire a car
E drive around a bit
F ring some estate agents
G buy a house
All in two weeks
LOL
and still loving it
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:35 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Well
ours went like this
A sell the house
B Stick in a pin
C catch a plane
D hire a car
E drive around a bit
G buy a house
All in two weeks
LOL
and still loving it
quality
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Well
ours went like this
A sell the house
B Stick in a pin
C catch a plane
D hire a car
E drive around a bit
G buy a house
All in two weeks
LOL
and still loving it
oh my god lol
how long have you been there, and do you have kids? I wish i was that impulsive!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:52 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Is that after D or E do you think
After C.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:02 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

NO no kids with us
and we have been here a year last week and love it
They are all in the UK couldnt have done it like that if we had. not that daft, but we are both grown up I hope
So it was a chance we took, we gave up good jobs, but we thought well life is for now and well we wanted to live a bit and have an adventure.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:20 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

mmmmm sounds nearly right i will just add a few other things on the end and it will be spot on ! G party hard/eating out lording it up for the next few months H plenty of sun bathing by the pool chilling out J learn to stop rushing around take things alot slower K make more time for your loved ones L enjoy your new life and dont look back
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:44 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmm sounds nearly right i will just add a few other things on the end and it will be spot on ! G party hard/eating out lording it up for the next few months H plenty of sun bathing by the pool chilling out J learn to stop rushing around take things alot slower K make more time for your loved ones L enjoy your new life and dont look back
Originally Posted by pjj
Good ones..

Mine would go like this ;

A; Decide to move ( already done)
B; Find new luxury villa ( 3 selected awaitting final viewings to choose the 1 )
C; Sell the UK property ( sold subject to contract )
D; Sell Cars and other non Spanish suited goods .
E; Mega Panic attacks is it the right move ? what if this and that etc.. worry worry..
F; Arrange furniture and prize possesions to be moved to new villa.
G; Panic attacks and double valium intake for stress ..
H; Arrive in new Villa ,and install full motorized sat system to ensure every tv channel . Unpack worldly posessions , carefully wire the HI Fi systems indoor and outdoor..
I; Take 2 months total switch off holiday time ..
J; Take 1 week back in England to show of the new tan ..
K; Get back to Spain thinking thank god i moved from that drab dreary place..
L; Get slightly Bored .. Look around for a new business invention or business venture to keep from going sun crazy , to run part time ..
M; Settle down to semi retired life and thank god i am not back in the rat race in dull rainy miserable over taxed England..

Thats how i see it going for me ..
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Pete

Good ones..

Mine would go like this ;

A; Decide to move ( already done)
B; Find new luxury villa ( 3 selected awaitting final viewings to choose the 1 )
C; Sell the UK property ( sold subject to contract )
D; Sell Cars and other non Spanish suited goods .
E; Mega Panic attacks is it the right move ? what if this and that etc.. worry worry..
F; Arrange furniture and prize possesions to be moved to new villa.
G; Panic attacks and double valium intake for stress ..
H; Arrive in new Villa ,and install full motorized sat system to ensure every tv channel . Unpack worldly posessions , carefully wire the HI Fi systems indoor and outdoor..
I; Take 2 months total switch off holiday time ..
J; Take 1 week back in England to show of the new tan ..
K; Get back to Spain thinking thank god i moved from that drab dreary place..
L; Get slightly Bored .. Look around for a new business invention or business venture to keep from going sun crazy , to run part time ..
M; Settle down to semi retired life and thank god i am not back in the rat race in dull rainy miserable over taxed England..

Thats how i see it going for me ..
Hope so,good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.