Reload this Page >

Move to Valencia

Move to Valencia

Old Jun 5th 2015, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

BazR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Valencia

Hello all,

As per subject title, looking to make the move to the Valencia area from Scotland, plan to visit with my wife in the next few months to suss out the area.

Scenario is as follows.

I work in Oil & Gas and run a 2 weeks on 3 weeks rota, looking to spend the 3 off in preferably the Valencia area for numerous reasons. Plan is to rent initially, the location doesn't have to be in the centre of the city either, somewhere preferably with a small garage.

My questions are, How does the process run? Go to the nearest Police station and obtain an NIE? Then open a bank account? then property hunt?

I have been looking into Banks online, La Caixa, Banc Sabadell and BBVA seem popular in the area, open to suggestion!

Also areas around Valencia/decent property rental companies, if anyone can advise on these would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Baz

Last edited by BazR; Jun 5th 2015 at 8:52 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2015, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Valencia

Hello Baz,

Can't be too specific for answers, hope this will be obvious why.

Bank account - we used Sabadell, only needed a passport ( although we already had NIE )
NIE - we obtained this in Denia. We needed a prebooked appointment. Don't know whether this is the case in Valencia.
My advice, as we did it, was to research again and again. Look at all that you can online. You will have your own criteria, check all the properies available - Google Earth is your friend here.
We bought through this company - Spanish Property For Sale throughout Valencia but I would also recommend Paul Schults at Real estate sales and rental agency in the Costa Blanca and Costa Azahar region
Of all the agents we had dealings with (and there were some !) these were the only two that I felt happy with.
We are in Montsrrrat (CP 46192) and it is lovely. There are other areas and their residents will probably say the same. It is a very friendly area and one that, whilst I wouldn't have chosen it, I am glad that we moved here.
If there is anything else that I can add, please ask.