Reload this Page >

Move to Gibraltar or not?

Move to Gibraltar or not?

Old Jul 28th 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

vesna7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Gibraltar or not?

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have an experience of working and living in Gibraltar (or possibly living in Spain and working in Gib).
I'm a 30 years old girl, who just received a job offer in Gibraltar and considering making the move. It's a well paid job and I'm very tempted to do it. I also have an option to stay in South of France and not sure what to do at the moment. I'll obviously go and check out Gibraltar and surrounding areas in Spain before moving there, but visiting somewhere and living there is not the same thing.
Would be good to hear about anyone's experience in Gibraltar and if they're happy with where they are or not.
I'd be living there on my own (or in a shared accommodation). It's not too quiet for young people there, or is it?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Gibraltar or not?

Originally Posted by vesna7
It's not too quiet for young people there,

Thanks!
Hi vesna7

Quiet it is NOT.

There is plenty of nightlife. Plenty of sports and a fair bit to explore.

Add to that the fact that you have lots of Spain at your doorstep when they are not acting like spoilt brats ( see http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...8#post10823228 ) plus of course Morocco is only 10 miles away.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 5:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vesna7
Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have an experience of working and living in Gibraltar (or possibly living in Spain and working in Gib).
I'm a 30 years old girl, who just received a job offer in Gibraltar and considering making the move. It's a well paid job and I'm very tempted to do it. I also have an option to stay in South of France and not sure what to do at the moment. I'll obviously go and check out Gibraltar and surrounding areas in Spain before moving there, but visiting somewhere and living there is not the same thing.
Would be good to hear about anyone's experience in Gibraltar and if they're happy with where they are or not.
I'd be living there on my own (or in a shared accommodation). It's not too quiet for young people there, or is it?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 28th 2013, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

main headline on DM today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-86F-heat.html
Old Jul 28th 2013, 6:59 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Really !!! 10,000 vehicles . was there any room on the rock for anything else.
Is this typical DM rubbish !!
Old Jul 28th 2013, 7:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

To keep so many ppl, incl old folk and kids, exposed to extreme heat for so long is little short of criminal, maybe a case where the EU Human rights courts could come in useful just for once in their miserable existence.

Have to wonder about the mentality of these ppl.

It seems Hague has been on the blower and given the Spanish a piece of his mind, it appears to have had some effect already
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Call me Dave is on his hol's in Mallora, The tension over this is so strong I feel he should take some time out to visit Gib and make a statement
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Really !!! 10,000 vehicles . was there any room on the rock for anything else.
Is this typical DM rubbish !!
No

The transit profile of people and means of crossing is also highlighted, the report points out that a daily average of 30,000 people cross daily as do 10,000 vehicles. Police also report that around 200 (Spanish) people cross the frontier some 30 times a day on foot, motorcycle or bicycle who are mostly engaged in smuggling of tobacco activity.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jul 28th 2013 at 8:40 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
To keep so many ppl, incl old folk and kids, exposed to extreme heat for so long is little short of criminal, maybe a case where the EU Human rights courts could come in useful just for once in their miserable existence.

It seems Hague has been on the blower and given the Spanish a piece of his mind, it appears to have had some effect already
They are Spaniards a lot of people on this forum think they are the best thing since "Sliced Bread"
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:46 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Many people live in Spain and cross the border daily to get to work.

There are plenty of things to do and see, both in Spain, and in Gib (and Morocco if the mood strikes). I lived on a yacht and there were plenty of mornings when I stumbled back on board at 4/5/6am ready for a 8am sail
Old Jul 28th 2013, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

!
Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Many people live in Spain and cross the border daily to get to work.

There are plenty of things to do and see, both in Spain, and in Gib (and Morocco if the mood strikes). I lived on a yacht and there were plenty of mornings when I stumbled back on board at 4/5/6am ready for a 8am sail
As a guest I would hope !
Old Jul 28th 2013, 11:00 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
!

As a guest I would hope !
{coughs in to hand and mumbles}
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:50 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

oh thats alright, they found a piece of his mind somewhere
"action" by Hague is like being hit with a piece of wet lettuce

such a promising politician now so mediocre
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:12 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny how wevents in Portugal rarely if ever make the news here.
Nothing in the quality papers.??
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:05 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Its funny how wevents in Portugal rarely if ever make the news here.
Nothing in the quality papers.??
perhaps that is a good indication of how Pt is thought of in the world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.