Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Motor Insurance

Motor Insurance

Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:54 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motor Insurance

My Linea Direct policy is up for renewal soon. I have tried one broker (Knights) for a competitive quote. Any other online sites you would recomend?

Many Thanks,
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motor Insurance

I'm insured with Ibex

http://www.ibexinsure.com/
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:57 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

We use :

http://www.abbeygateinsure.com/
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:10 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
My Linea Direct policy is up for renewal soon. I have tried one broker (Knights) for a competitive quote. Any other online sites you would recomend?

Many Thanks,
We have been with Knights for a long while, but always query the price, tell them you have had cheaper quotes. ;-))
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:50 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the prompt responses, I shall check out those links.

I would prefer to stick with LD and hopefully they will match cheapest quote. It is quite frustrating that new customers always get the best deals.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

They will if you push them.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I would prefer to stick with LD and hopefully they will match cheapest quote. It is quite frustrating that new customers always get the best deals.
I asked them for a quote last year as a new customer.

They were not competetive
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:56 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the prompt responses, I shall check out those links.

We're with Linea Directa. Last year we had a quote from another company that was around 80 euros cheaper.

Told Linea Directa and they bettered this quote for the same cover.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
We're with Linea Directa. Last year we had a quote from another company that was around 80 euros cheaper.
Told Linea Directa and they bettered this quote for the same cover.
Exactly. It's the oldest insurance trick in the book, at the end of the day they would prefer to keep your custom.
You don't have to even get a cheaper quote from another company, just lie.
What ever they quote you knock off some and claim it as another quote and if they ask who the other quote was from say you don't want to divulge that.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:03 am
Started off with nothing

Thumbs up Re: Motor Insurance

I am pleased to report that I managed to reduce my renewal premium from 516.75€ to 419.55€ Thanks for your help dudes
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am pleased to report that I managed to reduce my renewal premium from 516.75€ to 419.55€ Thanks for your help dudes
May I ask who with ??
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Is it true car insurance in Spain is more expensive? xxx
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:46 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by missbad
It would be for me !! Maybe (in Costa Blanca anyway) the accident / road death rate is high so I would expect the premiums to reflect that - the Spanish (in general) haven't a clue about road safety - doubt if many would pass a UK driving test !
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:43 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
May I ask who with ??
Linea Directa see here> https://www.lineadirecta.com/LDAWeb/home/Home.faces

I have had good service for 7 years, so I am reluctant to change and (for me) they were the cheapest

I use them for house insurance too

Last edited by missile; Aug 20th 2009 at 11:50 am.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:46 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by missbad
It is far more expensive in spain. In my case it is circa 3 times what I pay in UK.

Last edited by missile; Aug 20th 2009 at 11:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.