Mossie blinds

Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:55 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mossie blinds

Just another quickie - can anyone who has a 3 bed house give me a roughish guestimate as to how much mossie blinds would be on windows and doors please - think there are 2 patio doors - maybe 2 doors and maybe 8 windows - thank you in advance xxxxx
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

adiemac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mossie blinds

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Just another quickie - can anyone who has a 3 bed house give me a roughish guestimate as to how much mossie blinds would be on windows and doors please - think there are 2 patio doors - maybe 2 doors and maybe 8 windows - thank you in advance xxxxx
I would guess around 2000 euros on the basis that screens for a Rago (4 windows) appt cost appx 1000 euro. We used a great firm based in Portugal called m2m. English couple very helpful, and good quality. Rgds
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:11 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam

I will dig out my invoice and get back to you in a day or so.

All the best

Mel
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:26 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi Sam

I will dig out my invoice and get back to you in a day or so.

All the best

Mel
Thank you very much xxxxx
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:07 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Found it !!

This is what we had fitted for a 3 bed town house:-

Master Bedroom - doors only - concertina blinds

Blue Twin Bedroom - doors only - concertina blinds for the door that leads onto the terrace/balcony

Pink Twin Bedroom - window - vertical blinds

Lounge - doors only - concertina blinds

Kitchen - window - vertical blinds

Utility room - window - vertical blinds

By this company :- [email protected]

Very helpful and we were happy with the price @ €1213, they did a good job on the day arranged. These were fitted over 2 years ago now and we have had no problems (touch wood)

All the best

Mel
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Found it !!

This is what we had fitted for a 3 bed town house:-

Master Bedroom - doors only - concertina blinds

Blue Twin Bedroom - doors only - concertina blinds for the door that leads onto the terrace/balcony

Pink Twin Bedroom - window - vertical blinds

Lounge - doors only - concertina blinds

Kitchen - window - vertical blinds

Utility room - window - vertical blinds

By this company :- [email protected]

Very helpful and we were happy with the price @ €1213, they did a good job on the day arranged. These were fitted over 2 years ago now and we have had no problems (touch wood)

All the best

Mel
Yes, we used this company too. Our bill was slightly more as we had a couple more screens than Mel. You can also get awnings from them and they made us a lovely retractable one for one of our terraces. All of which we have had for 5years now. Our concertina ones have all needed repairs of late but its mainly down to the fact they are in constant use if you are not here all the time they should last longer. Bryony
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:23 pm
Happy in my bubble

Thank you so very much everyone for your help and advice it's very much appreciated - big hugs xxxxx
Old Aug 15th 2012, 8:02 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so very much everyone for your help and advice it's very much appreciated - big hugs xxxxx
Hi Sam

We used

http://www.m2mblinds.com/

No commercial interest from me, but a really nice English guy that uses top quality German products. We had 2 major items cost wise: the blinds and the A/C. The blinds were the best buy, for me and even though the A/C is great we don't use it as much as we thought. The blinds are however a must have for us... and worth the investment. The worst noise for me is that buzzing in the middle of the night that comes back just as you a nodding off again!

Good luck

Jon
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:08 am
Happy in my bubble

I agree Jon - they are evil little buggers on Esuri - just trying to get rough prices on things at the min to try and convince hubby what a good idea to buy would be as we come every year ;-) lol - thanks again xxxxx
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:35 am
MEL & JOHN

I agree Jon - they are evil little buggers on Esuri - just trying to get rough prices on things at the min to try and convince hubby what a good idea to buy would be as we come every year ;-) lol - thanks again xxxxx
Hi Sam

WELL WORTH IT !! It is lovely to be able to be able to sleep with the windows wide open and get a through-draft/breeze. Much better that aircon which is good to put on when you are getting ready to go out to keep you cool. We did at one time thought it was a bit pointless as a mozzie could be in during the day whilst all the windows and doors are open and be attacking at night but that has not been the case. Money well spent in my opinion.

Take care

Mel
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Sam

We used

http://www.m2mblinds.com/

No commercial interest from me, but a really nice English guy that uses top quality German products. We had 2 major items cost wise: the blinds and the A/C. The blinds were the best buy, for me and even though the A/C is great we don't use it as much as we thought. The blinds are however a must have for us... and worth the investment. The worst noise for me is that buzzing in the middle of the night that comes back just as you a nodding off again!

Good luck

Jon
If you can hear the mozzie buzzing you have nothing to worry about as this will be the male. It is the female that bites in order to collect blood for her eggs and she is silent.

Last edited by MikeJ; Aug 15th 2012 at 12:19 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

They used to come round several times a year spraying for mozzies but they don't seem to have been doing that lately.
I don't know which level of administration was responsible: EUC; Intercommunity or Community but now that a lot of the MF debt has been recovered I would have thought that this was one of the services which should be restored. Perhaps we should contact our administrators and/or presidents to find out if that could be done. The little b.....s do seem to be worse this year.
There are also a lot of little black flies which bite too. I don't think they are mozzies but they itch just as bad.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
If you can here the mozzie buzzing you have nothing to worry about as this will be the male. It is the female that bites in order to collect blood for her eggs and she is silent.
I always thought the noise was the little beggars using full throttle trying to take off overloaded with my blood.

With regards to prices I have this morning had two quotes for sliding screens for my patio doors. Approx size 2 mtrs tall by 1 mtr wide £66 made in Spain and £180 made in Gib by Spaniards.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:11 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I always thought the noise was the little beggars using full throttle trying to take off overloaded with my blood.

With regards to prices I have this morning had two quotes for sliding screens for my patio doors. Approx size 2 mtrs tall by 1 mtr wide £66 made in Spain and £180 made in Gib by Spaniards.
Thanks chuck xxxxx
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:13 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by MikeJ
They used to come round several times a year spraying for mozzies but they don't seem to have been doing that lately.
I don't know which level of administration was responsible: EUC; Intercommunity or Community but now that a lot of the MF debt has been recovered I would have thought that this was one of the services which should be restored. Perhaps we should contact our administrators and/or presidents to find out if that could be done. The little b.....s do seem to be worse this year.
There are also a lot of little black flies which bite too. I don't think they are mozzies but they itch just as bad.
That sounds like a fantastic idea - I'm sure people would pay a little extra for that if necessary - I know I would xxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.