Mosquitos

Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:39 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mosquitos

God I hate them so much, I can't see them but more and more bites are showing up. Itch like mad and they only seem to be biting my back
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mosquitos

Have you got a plug in mosquito deterrent thingy!?
We've also got a citronella candle in the bedroom.
Apparently, if you have basil (the herb, not Fawlty!) in the room, that's a deterrent too (albahaca in Spanish)

I was only commenting to my O/H tonight, that although I've been bitten a fair bit, the irritation seems a lot less than it was last year when we first arrived - so maybe you become more tolerant to the little bleeders??
I had to have Anthisan sent over from the UK last year!

Try not to scratch too much, as it makes the spots itch even more and you just end up with horrible scabs everywhere
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:17 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
God I hate them so much, I can't see them but more and more bites are showing up. Itch like mad and they only seem to be biting my back
eat loads of garlic mate. The mossies will hate you.

Mind you, so will the ladies.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:37 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
eat loads of garlic mate. The mossies will hate you.

Mind you, so will the ladies.
I eat loads of garlic, I even eat it raw as I am chopping it up. I put protection on and take B6 everyday but the little buggers still bite me
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
I eat loads of garlic, I even eat it raw as I am chopping it up. I put protection on and take B6 everyday but the little buggers still bite me
they must really like your blood.

On the plus side they only eat good blood, so you cant have too much wrong with you.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried the little patch/plaster things from Mercadona ?

lemon and citronella candles or oil usually helps

is it inside you get bitten ? have you got mosi screens on your windows and doors ?

I always used to get eaten alive ( and swell with each bite ) but touch wood as each year passes I dont seem to suffer as much
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Ah!!!! hehe. When I was in Spain I was being bit every night. I really hate them. The worse part is when they buzz past your ear and wake you up..
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:37 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Ah!!!! hehe. When I was in Spain I was being bit every night. I really hate them. The worse part is when they buzz past your ear and wake you up..
You must be a light sleeper!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

You must be a light sleeper!
haha well. The first night I didn't notice there was a problem. It was the next day when bites started showing I was getting suspicious. SO after that I guess I slept lighter. I woke up one night because one buzzed past my ear, turned the light on, couldn't see it. Turns out it was above my head on the wall, SPLATTTT. One night I got 6....

I'm not obsessed, honest.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

haha well. The first night I didn't notice there was a problem. It was the next day when bites started showing I was getting suspicious. SO after that I guess I slept lighter. I woke up one night because one buzzed past my ear, turned the light on, couldn't see it. Turns out it was above my head on the wall, SPLATTTT. One night I got 6....

Buy a mosquito net .... 19 euros from your local DIY place
No more nighty bities
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

The worse part is when they buzz past your ear and wake you up..
agree, that buzzing noise freaks me out ( as does fuzzlepops avtar )
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:01 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I use one of those plug ins at each side of our bed and have mozzie nets too. So in the house we are ok but go outside and its heaven for the blasted little buggers
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:05 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is gonna sound stupid but it helps with the irritation.Have you got a cucumber in the fridge.If you slice it really thin and put it on the bits,I mean bites,it takes the heat out of the inflammation.Also good for burns ect.

After you could always have a salad Joke
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:09 pm
Drunken Monkey

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
I know this is gonna sound stupid but it helps with the irritation.Have you got a cucumber in the fridge.If you slice it really thin and put it on the bits,I mean bites,it takes the heat out of the inflammation.Also good for burns ect.

After you could always have a salad Joke
Its hard to find cucumbers round here
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:27 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

It's not the mosquitoes that get me it's those nasty little black flies that you get early morning or evening in the campo. Aggressive little beggars they are. When I get bored I play dot to dot on my legs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.