mosquitoes

Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

landroverdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mosquitoes

Hi, we have just joined the site although we have lived in Murcia, Spain for the last six plus years. Since the telly has gone into never never land, thought we would take a look at what else is available and found this site. Seems interesting and informative so here we are.
A quick question we have been trying to find an answer to. How do we get rid of or stop being eaten by mosquitoes. It seems like there have been many more around than normal. Anytime the smallest bit of flesh is exposed some nasty little bug lands on it and starts dinner!!
Any help to stop the itch or even prevent the bites in the first place would be most welcome
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mosquitoes

Originally Posted by landroverdave
Hi, we have just joined the site although we have lived in Murcia, Spain for the last six plus years. Since the telly has gone into never never land, thought we would take a look at what else is available and found this site. Seems interesting and informative so here we are.
A quick question we have been trying to find an answer to. How do we get rid of or stop being eaten by mosquitoes. It seems like there have been many more around than normal. Anytime the smallest bit of flesh is exposed some nasty little bug lands on it and starts dinner!!
Any help to stop the itch or even prevent the bites in the first place would be most welcome
Welcome to the forum, sorry about the telly!

Well we put citronella plants up at the windows as well as mint. That seemed to do some good and then we have thew mozzie plug ins in the bedrooms and I had to resort to a once a day spray during the summer.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:31 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

We got an electric zappy thing (light), If you get a good one they work really well.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:34 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo
We got an electric zappy thing (light), If you get a good one they work really well.
we've got 2 - they really are brill
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:53 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried everything, I have three different sprays. One recommended by Mitzy seemed to work at first but doesn't seem to have any effect now I have been eaten alive ALL SUMMER I am covered in bites and the itching is horrible :curse: I currenly have 22 bites all itching

Oh......and welcome to the site, never mind the telly this is more fun and informative.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:54 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I've tried everything, I have three different sprays. One recommended by Mitzy seemed to work at first but doesn't seem to have any effect now I have been eaten alive ALL SUMMER I am covered in bites and the itching is horrible :curse: I currenly have 22 bites all itching
eat loads of garlic - nothing (and no-one) will come near you
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:51 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
eat loads of garlic - nothing (and no-one) will come near you
I do ..... I love garlic
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:55 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Lionda
I do ..... I love garlic
do you wera floral perfume?

I read somewhere that they can be attrated to it
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:11 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by lynnxa
do you wera floral perfume?

I read somewhere that they can be attrated to it
Could be the perfume stripdown wash in carbolic soap needed I think
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:18 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Here is an American tip.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A2-wIK9fZE

Last edited by poshnbucks; Oct 17th 2008 at 11:23 am.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:22 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Here is an American riding to the rescue.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWnXtz5cb7Q
Thanks for that He is also a firefighter - I used to have the hots for a firefighter - still have the itch
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

M&S lemon balm shower gel, Avon skin so soft spray and you can buy an eau de cologne from Eroski, mix with water and put in a spray and spray on your skin. I haven´t had a bite for yonks.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

SaratonyT is an unknown quantity at this point

During the summer I got bitten by mosquitos and sandflies, I looked up a cure for the itching and swelling on the internet and found a site where apart from the usual, citronella, garlic, vitB advice, I found a report on putting heat on the bite to stop the itching. I used their example and put a hot (straight from the cup) teabag on the itchy bite (you have to hold it on for as long as you can take it!!), it worked!!!! The bite didn't itch again and the swelling went down. I have read reports that you can get the same affect by using your hairdryer on the hottest setting - this sounds a bit too risky.

Hope this helps!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by SaratonyT
During the summer I got bitten by mosquitos and sandflies, I looked up a cure for the itching and swelling on the internet and found a site where apart from the usual, citronella, garlic, vitB advice, I found a report on putting heat on the bite to stop the itching. I used their example and put a hot (straight from the cup) teabag on the itchy bite (you have to hold it on for as long as you can take it!!), it worked!!!! The bite didn't itch again and the swelling went down. I have read reports that you can get the same affect by using your hairdryer on the hottest setting - this sounds a bit too risky.

Hope this helps!
that really works - we use a cotton pad dipped in boiling water
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:00 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
M&S lemon balm shower gel, Avon skin so soft spray and you can buy an eau de cologne from Eroski, mix with water and put in a spray and spray on your skin. I haven´t had a bite for yonks.
´What´s the eau de cologne called Chiclanagirl as I live close by.

JJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.