Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mosaic Garden furniture

Mosaic Garden furniture

Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mosaic Garden furniture

I've been looking for ages for a dining table for our balcony with a table in that mosaic top finish. We've found one near us but its about 1600 euros with the chairs. Want one with coated legs / surround, otherwise the metal just rusts and marks the tiles.

Anyone know of any mail order people who do this, or shops in the Northern Costa Blanca?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:07 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mosaic Garden furniture

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I've been looking for ages for a dining table for our balcony with a table in that mosaic top finish. We've found one near us but its about 1600 euros with the chairs. Want one with coated legs / surround, otherwise the metal just rusts and marks the tiles.

Anyone know of any mail order people who do this, or shops in the Northern Costa Blanca?
I dont know of any mail order companies for garden furniture so cant help you there. But I do agree that garden furniture is mad expensive over here! Hubbys sister did the mosaic herself on her garden table and it looks fantastic. It took her quite a while to do it, but the end result was worth it.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
I dont know of any mail order companies for garden furniture so cant help you there. But I do agree that garden furniture is mad expensive over here! Hubbys sister did the mosaic herself on her garden table and it looks fantastic. It took her quite a while to do it, but the end result was worth it.

I can pick up a metal framed one for 300 euros, but I've seen the ones left outside at garden centres and they rust to bits.
We've got a big plastic one out there at the moment and it looks crappy, so maybe I'll have to bite the bullet but its a fortune for a table and chairs
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:13 pm

I can pick up a metal framed one for 300 euros, but I've seen the ones left outside at garden centres and they rust to bits.
We've got a big plastic one out there at the moment and it looks crappy, so maybe I'll have to bite the bullet but its a fortune for a table and chairs
Is there nothing to treat the metal with so it lasts longer or doesnt rust?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:14 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by sam parky
Is there nothing to treat the metal with so it lasts longer or doesnt rust?

Weve got a metal parasol holder which I'm going to bin ... its been painted with hammerite but still seems to leave rust marks
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:16 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We intend to make some when I have got my kiln and my other half is finished the house ..................... OH is going to make the frames and I am going to make the tops.
we will do something to the legs to stop the rust we can do it with the Kiln so the OH says...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Flooziesoozie is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried Leroy Merlins. I am sure I saw mosaic bistro sets in the April promotion catalogue and I beleive they will do delivery.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:18 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by gallerie9
we will do something to the legs to stop the rust we can do it with the Kiln so the OH says...
Like what?
I'd cheerfully buy a cheap one if I could do something to stop the rust

You ought to go into business
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:47 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Like what?
I'd cheerfully buy a cheap one if I could do something to stop the rust

You ought to go into business
From what I understand its a bit like enameling
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:48 pm
this is me

From what I understand its a bit like enameling
Thats the plan We are going to........ make things.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:49 pm
Senior Moment

Thats the plan We are going to........ make things.

Brilliant ... well as it sounds like the kind of things we like .... keep us informed
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:53 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

M and S do one , do you have any visitors lined up that could bring it out to you? it £319 table and 4 chairs.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:55 pm
this is me

Brilliant ... well as it sounds like the kind of things we like .... keep us informed
We will when we are ready we will advertise on here....... The house is just taking a little while to finish we are on the other apartment now it should be finished in a few weeks and then the big one and then the shop and Gallery. The thing is My OH is making everything even to door frames he is welding the last one in the second apartment as I type, he is even making the doors from planks of wood, I have been striping the old windows to day to refit to new windows....... Talk about recycling. LOL
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:58 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by silverchick
M and S do one , do you have any visitors lined up that could bring it out to you? it £319 table and 4 chairs.
Not just a table & chairs .... an M & S table and chairs ........

Only my daughter and shed struggle
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:05 pm

Not just a table & chairs .... an M & S table and chairs ........

Only my daughter and shed struggle
Its a lot cheaper than 1600 euros, so with the difference you could treat yourself to a few days in the Uk and bring it back with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.