Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

More electricity supply queries

More electricity supply queries

Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future
Default More electricity supply queries

After many months of trying Iberdrola have sent me the "carta de condiciones technicos-economicos" for my acceptance.

As it happens they show the wrong house in the plan and I am trying to sort this with them. My queries are. (this application is for a house in the campo by the way)

They told me this document would show costs for the supply but there is no mention of how much they will charge. Should it be in this document or as the supply is quite close is it not charged? (he said hopefully)

As I understand it they provide the supply to a point (meter?) on or next to my land and I would have to get the cables to my distribution box.
Can this be an overhead supply to my box or does it have to be underground?
Anyone know who can do this work and how much it is likely to cost (about 30m).

Any ideas welcomed
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:10 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More electricity supply queries

I personally have got no idea, we are presently have a good conversation with our own supplier about other matters. They are never ever clear about anything.
But what I would say is think carefully about going overhead with your cable. It will be prone to possble damage to high winds, maybe snow if you live in that sort of area. Plus is it not more expensive to install poles rather than dig a trench? One other thing to conceder is the ugliness of OH cables.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:06 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

We were in a similar situation when we built our house 6 years ago.

The nearest concrete supply post was about 30m away from our meter box in the front wall. The regulations prevented any overhead supply - it had to run down the post into a trench 1 metre deep. There had to be a manhole every 30m and the wiring had to go in a large bore red conduit. On top of that it had to be cemented and then filled.

Total cost of the trench and manholes including excavation was about €2000 and the cables were another €700 including connections. They were 3 phase so single phase should be cheaper.

If the trench is in the road then two of the big conduits must be laid.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies

Fred
Did you get just anyone to do the work or did the supply company have preferred contractors?
I'm told I the area my house is located a company called Pechmans have been known to do this work. Wish I was in Spain now it would be far easier.

Casa Santo Estevo
We had a house in the UK with overhead line and this ran around 80m. It was supported by twisted wire. The only problem we noted was that bad weather could give some brief interruptions to the supply.

If they were to allow an overhead supply it would run only around 30m and hopefully require no additional poles/pylons.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

It's always best to get a contractor locally to do this work and they can handle all the paperwork. get it signed off. For example, the positioning of the Meter for reading is important.
You mentioned PECHMANS and this is their web -
http://www.pechman-sl.com/principal.html

they look like the people to do the job.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

many thanks Nige
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campolife
Fred
Did you get just anyone to do the work or did the supply company have preferred contractors?
We used our builder for the trench and the local Endesa contractor for fitting the cables.