Moraira

Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Smile Moraira

Hi to all, first post so go easy!
Just had villa built in Moraira looking for good eating places with entertainment for next time we are over, any suggestions.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moraira

Hello there,dont know much about the eateries in Moraira,just wanted to welcome you to the forum. As general rule the smaller family run places are the best food,usually have some form of entertainment on
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:12 am
Just Joined

rhyspegs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bil8999
Just had villa built in Moraira looking for good eating places with entertainment for next time we are over, any suggestions.
hi there, i would recommend sids restaurant in the main square or the chinese opposite the castle in moraira. Fantastic!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Hi Bill,
There are loads of good quality restaurants in and around Moraira, however I don't know of any with entertainment on.
If you're looking for Michelin star quality (and price) then there is Le Dauphin at El Portet (around €50 a head for a four course meal) and La Sort in town, which I haven't tried yet.
I can recommend Options on Avda De la Paz, they do a three course meal for €28 which is excellent.
For a curry, the Indian Palace is up there with the best I've had, and I've had a few!
I've heard that Jasmine is good for Thai.
La Pulcinella is a nice Italian restaurant, reasonably priced and good quality food.
Porters, near the square is a fairly priced English place.
For cheap grub, Monroes carvery is good value at about €7.95 for a roast which you can pile high, a drink and desert is also included.
Axe Brasil is a good ribs place for not much money.
All the chinese restaurants seem to be cheap and have dim sum nights where you can pig out for less than it would cost you to make.

I've just remebered Casa De Fuego has live music on at the weekends and by all accounts is a meat feast, like an indoor barbecue. I haven't tried it yet as my missus is a vegetarian.

There's loads more that I haven't tried yet, (as well as those I have but won't mention) it's going to be my mission to try them all!

Welcome to Moraira!

Ste.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the advice, will try all eating places over our next few trips.

Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

pyknicpie is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the earlier reply that Options is a good place to eat in Moraira. The food is excellent and international so you should enjoy it whatever your taste. The quality is extremely high. The owners there are friends with a couple who run a favourite restaurant of ours in Javea called Sophia's (+34966462903). Another near Javea on the road from Benitachell is La Masena (+34965793764) and if you're in Javea try Los Remos overlooking the Arenal beach (+34966470776), it's also excellent.
Hope this helps
Nick
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pyknicpie
I agree with the earlier reply that Options is a good place to eat in Moraira. The food is excellent and international so you should enjoy it whatever your taste. The quality is extremely high. The owners there are friends with a couple who run a favourite restaurant of ours in Javea called Sophia's (+34966462903). Another near Javea on the road from Benitachell is La Masena (+34965793764) and if you're in Javea try Los Remos overlooking the Arenal beach (+34966470776), it's also excellent.
Hope this helps
Nick
I've eaten in Sophias in Javea and would recommend it. Went there with friends, Phil & Hazel, the proprietors of Al Gusto in Denia - another place for top grub.

Small world eh?

Back on topic - I've only eaten in Munroes in Moraira and the food is of a good average quality. Place usually gets mobbed on Sundays though (unless it has changed over the last couple of years).
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Default Moraira

Ok all of you who live in Moraira what is the best area and why?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ok all of you who live in Moraira what is the best area and why?
please don`t keep starting threads with the same title and content.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Sorry
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry
Looking for the good and not so good things about Moraira?
Please help if poss
Also cost of living in that area if we decide to make the move.

Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Hi
We have only been for holidays, but I liked the beach and harbour area, nice bars and thought that the town had a really nice feel to it.

My in-laws live in Altea and I much prefer Moraira, more of a laid back feel too it.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:56 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

This website has a good section on restaurants in Moraira. I would recommend The Pastahouse which I have personal experience of - it's like eating out in Italy!

http://www.costablancarestaurants.com

Mark
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:25 am
Just Joined

bishbash is an unknown quantity at this point

www.everythingmoraira.com
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

janetwest is on a distinguished road

Hi
If you drive out of Moraira on the Calpe road you will be overwhelmed by the number of restaurants and bars, of all nationalities.
We love the Gemisant, which is actually Spanish and has excellent live jazz singers on Thursday evenings.
Also L'Andrago and El Gaucho are both very reasonable and interesting.
I suggest you try several of them once, if they don't suit there is no need to go back because you will never be short of somewhere to go within 5 miles or so of Moraira.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.