Montgo, Javia.

Old May 12th 2007, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Leki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montgo, Javia.

Hello,
I have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now and there seems to be a wealth of good knowledge and experience.
I have looked around in particular at Montgo and have found some information but not on the area I am looking at,( or maybe I have and don't know it ! )

My Sister used to own an appartment in a place called Calahonda on the Costa Del Sol which she sold last year and said she would no longer have a place in Spain, however she has just come back from a visit to a friend who has moved to Javia and said she has bought a villa in a place called (excuse spellings) Urbanization del Montgo, Javia, not only that but she is moving there permanently in early July.
I have tried Google without much luck and also looked through lot's of estate agents web sites again cannot pin this area down.
Is anyone aware of this area , if so can you tell me a bit about it, does it have good healthcare, services,ex pat community etc.
I would really appreciate any information on the area, she says it is very nice, but I would just like to hear it from the people who know.
Thank you.
Old May 12th 2007, 3:26 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Montgo, Javia.

Originally Posted by Leki
Hello,
I have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now and there seems to be a wealth of good knowledge and experience.
I have looked around in particular at Montgo and have found some information but not on the area I am looking at,( or maybe I have and don't know it ! )

My Sister used to own an appartment in a place called Calahonda on the Costa Del Sol which she sold last year and said she would no longer have a place in Spain, however she has just come back from a visit to a friend who has moved to Javia and said she has bought a villa in a place called (excuse spellings) Urbanization del Montgo, Javia, not only that but she is moving there permanently in early July.
I have tried Google without much luck and also looked through lot's of estate agents web sites again cannot pin this area down.
Is anyone aware of this area , if so can you tell me a bit about it, does it have good healthcare, services,ex pat community etc.
I would really appreciate any information on the area, she says it is very nice, but I would just like to hear it from the people who know.
Thank you.
Hi Leki and welcome to the forum.

I think you have not found it because you are spelling it wrong.

The correct spelling in Castelliano is Javea and in Valenciano Xabia

It is a very nice place with a great amount of ex-pats all year long and quite a few on here who live there permanently. I'm sure they will post their comments soon.

Try googling it again

Martha
Old May 12th 2007, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Leki and welcome to the forum.

I think you have not found it because you are spelling it wrong.

The correct spelling in Castelliano is Javea and in Valenciano Xabia

It is a very nice place with a great amount of ex-pats all year long and quite a few on here who live there permanently. I'm sure they will post their comments soon.

Try googling it again

Martha
Thank you Martha for the welcome and the correct spelling, that may account for not being able to find it, I will have another look, also thank you for your account of the area, I am looking for some reassurance as this is quite sudden.
Thanks.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Please excuse my spelling of Javea, Martha has put me right.
I have found it on Google but still not quite sure if I am looking in the right place as Montgo looks to be split up ?, is it a very big area, I also read something about living in the shadow of the mountain for a period of the year, is this a problem all around that area?

Thanks again.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:10 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Please excuse my spelling of Javea, Martha has put me right.
I have found it on Google but still not quite sure if I am looking in the right place as Montgo looks to be split up ?, is it a very big area, I also read something about living in the shadow of the mountain for a period of the year, is this a problem all around that area?

Thanks again.
Montgo is a mountain
Old May 12th 2007, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Montgo is a mountain
Thank you Lynnxa, do you have any other information ?
Old May 12th 2007, 4:28 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Javea, it's pretty big now with new urbanisations being built all over the place. I don't know the urb. you asked about, and can't find it on google either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
There are urbs. in the Montgo natural park. If you give me the google link you found I could probably tell you more about the particular area.

Javea is a great place to live, with it's own micro climate - often the weather here is great when it is awful just to the north or south.

There is a very good hospital in Denia, just the other side of Montgo. Other services are great, the place is kept clean, roads swept, rubbish removed. The british ex-pat community is huge - and it is a very international area, with the spanish in the minority

Last edited by lynnxa; May 12th 2007 at 4:36 pm.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Lynnxa, the area is west of Javea and it seems to be south of Montgo mountain, are you aware of this area, I am sure this is where she said

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...2314&z=12&om=1

It does look rather a large urbanisation. is El Montgo area also part of Javea as this is the other side of the mountain.

Thank you.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Javea is very nice, and montgo is a loverl mountain. Denia to the north has a good shopping centre, and Moraira to the south is a beautiful seaside village/marina, Moraira is probably the pick of the 3 areas.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:48 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Thank you Lynnxa, the area is west of Javea and it seems to be south of Montgo mountain, are you aware of this area, I am sure this is where she said

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...2314&z=12&om=1

It does look rather a large urbanisation. is El Montgo area also part of Javea as this is the other side of the mountain.

Thank you.
Javea is all south of Montgo

El Montgo is the mountain itself

'Urbanisations del Montgo' simply means the urbanisations (plural) that are 'of the' or 'on' Montgo...........
Old May 12th 2007, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

I live in Javea, it's pretty big now with new urbanisations being built all over the place. I don't know the urb. you asked about, and can't find it on google either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
There are urbs. in the Montgo natural park. If you give me the google link you found I could probably tell you more about the particular area.

Javea is a great place to live, with it's own micro climate - often the weather here is great when it is awful just to the north or south.

There is a very good hospital in Denia, just the other side of Montgo. Other services are great, the place is kept clean, roads swept, rubbish removed. The british ex-pat community is huge - and it is a very international area, with the spanish in the minority
Thank you for your information lynnxa, it certainly sounds very nice, I think I agree with your unhappy face regarding the Spanish people in the minority, but it may suit my Sister better with the large ex pat community, I expect there is lots going on with them then, clubs etc.
So I guess by your reply the urbanisations are then broken down again into smaller areas, I need some more information from my Sister I think, may be postcode or street name ?
I Appreciate your time.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:59 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Thank you for your information lynnxa, it certainly sounds very nice, I think I agree with your unhappy face regarding the Spanish people in the minority, but it may suit my Sister better with the large ex pat community, I expect there is lots going on with them then, clubs etc.
So I guess by your reply the urbanisations are then broken down again into smaller areas, I need some more information from my Sister I think, may be postcode or street name ?
I Appreciate your time.
an urbanisation is essentially a housing estate that was built/got planning permission for at the same time. The postcode for Javea is the same all over, so the only way for me to help would be the street name.......even then no promises, because it is being built up so rapidly that even the most recent maps are out of date
Old May 12th 2007, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
Javea is very nice, and montgo is a loverl mountain. Denia to the north has a good shopping centre, and Moraira to the south is a beautiful seaside village/marina, Moraira is probably the pick of the 3 areas.
Thank you for your reply sortedtoo, I suppose it is no wonder it is so popular with ex pats being as nice as you say, it certainly makes me feel more comfortable about my Sister moving there full time, and hopefully I may get the opportunity to see for myself one day.

Thanks again.
Old May 12th 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

an urbanisation is essentially a housing estate that was built/got planning permission for at the same time. The postcode for Javea is the same all over, so the only way for me to help would be the street name.......even then no promises, because it is being built up so rapidly that even the most recent maps are out of date
The house is apparently 20 years old but I guess this does not mean it is not surrounded by new houses, it is on a 1000sq mtr plot, I have no idea what that looks like!, could they be living cheek to cheek ?

Thank you.
Old May 12th 2007, 5:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

The house is apparently 20 years old but I guess this does not mean it is not surrounded by new houses, it is on a 1000sq mtr plot, I have no idea what that looks like!, could they be living cheek to cheek ?

Thank you.
a lot of the urbanisations are that old.....1000 sqm isn't huge either - but not exactly cheek to cheek

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.