Model boats

Old Aug 3rd 2012, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Bikerbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Model boats

Hi everyone,
Will be moving to the Hondon Valley in a couple of weeks and would like to know if there are any clubs or facilities to sail "scratch built" model boats (not the fast speedboat types that make a lot of noise.
The ones that I build are scale models of actual boats i.e. Fishing boats, passenger ferries etc.
An artificial lake or municipal pool would be ideal.

Bikerbee
Scotland, Spain
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 11:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Model boats

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Bikerbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosemary
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Not really my thing - but I did call into the annual exhibition held in the Park of Nations Torrevieja back in March. I think it is quite important in the boat modelling world -but sorry don't have any more information. But worth googling and looking for next year.
I took some photos - they are here
https://picasaweb.google.com/Robi1305/NAVALMODELS
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Hey how about that! You'll be just around the corner from me Anyways, I too do scratch build boats, albeit I do tend to cheat by using pre formed hulls. I Currently have two rig support/tender vessels to refurbish and another totally scratchbuilt rig support vessel that is 7ft long partly finished (has been for 17 years, its in the loft!) Just doing a scratchbuild 1950's fishing vessel which is a static model. I too like the workboats/harbour boats/ trawlers etc

Anyway all of these will come out next year when we move permanently. as to where you can sail, I've not seen anywhere inland that caters for us, no clubs around (there are down on the coast. Looks like you'll be using your swimming pool if you have one. I suppose you could always use one of the many casita's that are around the area ( the large water storage ponds the local farmers utilise for crops)