mobiles

Old Sep 13th 2006, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default mobiles

Which is the cheapest option. When in the UK phoning Spain, should I use my Spanish mobile or my English mobile?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough
Default Re: mobiles

Originally Posted by glynis
Which is the cheapest option. When in the UK phoning Spain, should I use my Spanish mobile or my English mobile?
By far the cheapest option would be to use your English mobile. The system works like this:

If you ring Spain from an English phone you are simply charged the cost of making the international call. Ringing landlines is cheaper than mobiles, but it is still a standard rate.
If you ring from England, to Spain, using a Spanish cellphone, you are effectively charged twice. You will be roaming on a UK network meaning the calls are 'effectively' diverted from Spain to the UK. If you then ring Spain again your call has travelled a full circle and you will be charged accordingly.
The same is said when you have an English mobile here is Spain and want to call the UK, which is why so many holidaymakers by top-up SIM cards to use whilst they are here.

Remember that the phone to use is the one issued from the country you are in and you won't go far wrong.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: mobiles

Hi Glynis,

We find that the cheapest way to make contact when abroad is to use a mobile but only to text. As cdl says the phone for the country you are in is the one to use and text on that one. It cost us about 10p to text Spain from UK on our UK Mobile and a bit more to text Uk from Spain on our Spanish pre pay sim.

The best and cheapest for speech is a land-line phone card for about £5 you could talk for a week.

Regards,

John.

Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

When in the uk phoning Spain use the telephone in your house or Bt pay phone. Not a mobile.

When in Spain ask all your family and friends to phone you on your Spanish mobile this costs you nothing, It only costs them the same as phoning your British mobile. But as you know if they phone your uk mobile it also costs you. Use your spanish mobile to phone anyone in Spain with a Spanish mobile. If you wish to speak to some one in England and you phone them on their mobile they will pay more than you just think in reverse.

Juanito.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:33 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Calling abroad from a mobile (make sure it's a uk one) is cheapest with one of the following companies

They both have a london (from memory) number you dial from a mobile then it's a minimal charge to call Spain using said companies. Works out MUCH cheaper than calling abroad from a mobile.

http://www.call1899.co.uk (2p a min to landlines 15p to mobiles + 3p connection charge)

http://www.18185.co.uk/index2.php (1p a min to landlines 11p to mobiles + 4p connection charge)

Obviously you pay for your mobile call to the access number too (or it comes out of your free mins if you have a uk contract mobile phone)

Alternatively if you have access to a landline, use that and then you just pay the 2/1p a min and 3/4p connection charge

Last edited by zel; Sep 14th 2006 at 9:34 am.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:29 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

By far the cheapest way is to not phone anyone !!!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2006, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
By far the cheapest way is to not phone anyone !!!!!!
You only talk on here, no other bugger wants to talk to you ,so dont worry
Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Glynis - don't you have Skype? This would be cheapest if you have broadband access while in UK, you can Skype back home to Spain perhaps?
You could always text first to warn a Skype call coming through....
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susique
Glynis - don't you have Skype? This would be cheapest if you have broadband access while in UK, you can Skype back home to Spain perhaps?
You could always text first to warn a Skype call coming through....
Too late, I am back here now!!!!! Want to buy a new mobile phone that´s easy to use and has a camera, preferably Nokia. Can anyone advise.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:22 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Too late, I am back here now!!!!! Want to buy a new mobile phone that´s easy to use and has a camera, preferably Nokia. Can anyone advise.
I run a nokia 6600 which has all I need, camera/video send and recive emails
any of the new nokia's will suit your needs