Mobile phones.

Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:05 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile phones.

Ive just bought a new Nokia mobile phone, but when I have tried to put my existing sim card in it wont work. It just says the pin number is incorrect and I have only got one more go before it will lock on me

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem is?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobele phones.

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Ive just bought a new Nokia mobile phone, but when I have tried to put my existing sim card in it wont work. It just says the pin number is incorrect and I have only got one more go before it will lock on me

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem is?
Yes, - user error!

Ive just noticed I got the title wrong, it should be mobile phones

I wont ask Jdr to change it for me cos I got in trouble last time

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Yes
What do you mean "yes"?

Come on, help me out please.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean "yes"?

Come on, help me out please.
Is the phone locked? Is it on a different network from your sim card?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:09 pm

Is the phone locked? Is it on a different network from your sim card?
The phone isnt locked yet, but it will be if I try my pin again.

I am with vodafone which is the same network.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where did you buy the phone from? Was it a Vodafone shop?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Phone companies now lock the phone with the sim card its issued with or registered with, I have a friend who sells............snyde phones, and he says his "job" is getting harder because of it.

Oh and by the way....................you got yet another thread title wrong!!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:14 pm

Where did you buy the phone from? Was it a Vodafone shop?
Yes.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Phone companies now lock the phone with the sim card its issued with or registered with, I have a friend who sells............snyde phones, and he says his "job" is getting harder because of it.

Oh and by the way....................you got yet another thread title wrong!!!!!
I know, I know!!
So if I take it to the shop will they be able to sort it out for me?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes.
You need to take it back and get them to either update your sim card or replace it
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:16 pm

You need to take it back and get them to either update your sim card or replace it
But I need to keep my existing number
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

But I need to keep my existing number
They will either update your sim, keeping everything, or program a new one to suit.

Or rather, they should be able to
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So if I take it to the shop will they be able to sort it out for me?
As Tim has suggested, you will need to take it back.

When I bought my new phone a few months back the bastards registered the sim that was in it, I went away, put my sim in it and it said the same thing.

The next day I went back and requested it be changed, when they refused I went ape shit, after about 5 mins of me getting pissed off the manager came out and agreed to sort it out.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
As Tim has suggested, you will need to take it back.

When I bought my new phone a few months back the bastards registered the sim that was in it, I went away, put my sim in it and it said the same thing.

The next day I went back and requested it be changed, when they refused I went ape shit, after about 5 mins of me getting pissed off the manager came out and agreed to sort it out.
So I could be going ape shit in Spanish for the first time then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.