Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone Contracts in Spain

Mobile Phone Contracts in Spain

Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

new2this2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile Phone Contracts in Spain

Hi,
I will shortly be moving to Spain and after some research online I'm at a loss when trying to find an answer to the following question:

Is it possible to get 'Free Calls & or Texts' as part of a mobile phone contract in Spain?

I will be moving with my family and hope plan on setting up a company and having free calls and texts is something we hope to have as part of the contract which will hopefully save ourselves on future phone costs.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2011, 5:26 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phone Contracts in Spain

For sure there will be a contract that will suit you, but it will be expensive compared to the UK.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:51 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by new2this2011
Hi,
I will shortly be moving to Spain and after some research online I'm at a loss when trying to find an answer to the following question:

Is it possible to get 'Free Calls & or Texts' as part of a mobile phone contract in Spain?

I will be moving with my family and hope plan on setting up a company and having free calls and texts is something we hope to have as part of the contract which will hopefully save ourselves on future phone costs.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks

have you considered utilising Skype and\a provider like Voipfone for VOIP based business systems?
both can offer you business setups to manage your telephone needs.

mobiles are still very expensive in Spain, as the UK was 4-5 years ago, but prices are falling all the time as competition bites
rgds
Old Oct 11th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have used Skype in the past and has worked well but it would preferable to have a mobile contract for a number of reasons.

The question I had was whether anyone is aware if Spanish network carriers offer free calls and texts to other numbers on the same network?

I have found that this feature can provider significant savings if used properly.

Regards
Old Oct 11th 2011, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Skype in the past and has worked well but it would preferable to have a mobile contract for a number of reasons.

The question I had was whether anyone is aware if Spanish network carriers offer free calls and texts to other numbers on the same network?

I have found that this feature can provider significant savings if used properly.

Regards
Best thing to do is to check out their web sites, all the different contracts should be listed there!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 9:44 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes there are; I am with vodafone and for 49.99 a month plus tax on Contract "+M" I get 350 minutes and 350 free texts. BUT BEWARE, READ THE SMALL PRINT because they will get you in other ways !!!

I should add that the contract is for a smart phone

Davexf
Old Oct 12th 2011, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Yes there are; I am with vodafone and for 49.99 a month plus tax on Contract "+M" I get 350 minutes and 350 free texts. BUT BEWARE, READ THE SMALL PRINT because they will get you in other ways !!!

Davexf
If you're moving inland, check which companies have coverage in your area before getting a contract. Esp a contract for a Smartphone. I'm fairly sure in our rural village a Smartphone would be useless. And, not all companies have good reception in this area.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Davexf
Thanks Davexf,

I take it that the 350 minutes and texts are to All networks but are there options to include or which are already included that would allow for 'free calls and texts' to numbers on your network e.g. if you call or text someone who is registered to the same network carrier as yourself you would not be charged and which would not eat up any of the allocated 350 minutes or texts?

For example: Orange/ Vodafone/ O2 all offer add-ons allowing the user to call and/ or text other users on the same network.

As my Spanish is limited and Google Translator can only assist so much it is proving difficult to get definitive information on this subject!

Thanks
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Davexf,

I take it that the 350 minutes and texts are to All networks but are there options to include or which are already included that would allow for 'free calls and texts' to numbers on your network e.g. if you call or text someone who is registered to the same network carrier as yourself you would not be charged and which would not eat up any of the allocated 350 minutes or texts?

For example: Orange/ Vodafone/ O2 all offer add-ons allowing the user to call and/ or text other users on the same network.

As my Spanish is limited and Google Translator can only assist so much it is proving difficult to get definitive information on this subject!

Thanks
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Oct 12th 2011, 5:24 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Sorry for being so negative but,

Communication is not cheap here in Spain nor is the Internet, and you will be very lucky indeed if you can find it free.
--
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Sorry for being so negative but,

Communication is not cheap here in Spain nor is the Internet, and you will be very lucky indeed if you can find it free.
--

I'm not sure if I'm not explaining myself properly here but the question asked was whether network carriers offer 'free calls and texts' to Other Numbers on the Same network. I am not asking if there are contracts available which allow calls to be made for free without paying any monthly subscription!

I'm simply trying to find out if anyone is aware if calls can be made to other numbers using the same carrier if the user is subscribed to a specific contract whether that be a set monthly fee such as the €49.99 per month or other.

I fully understand the high costs associated with mobile contracts in Spain and there are but what I could not find out is an answer to the above question...
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:37 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if I'm not explaining myself properly here but the question asked was whether network carriers offer 'free calls and texts' to Other Numbers on the Same network. I am not asking if there are contracts available which allow calls to be made for free without paying any monthly subscription!

I'm simply trying to find out if anyone is aware if calls can be made to other numbers using the same carrier if the user is subscribed to a specific contract whether that be a set monthly fee such as the €49.99 per month or other.

I fully understand the high costs associated with mobile contracts in Spain and there are but what I could not find out is an answer to the above question...
Sorry, I was just saying, they don't give much away here, you might get lucky
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Sorry, I was just saying, they don't give much away here, you might get lucky
That certainly appears to be the case!!!

I'm on a mission to get to the bottom of this...

Cheers
Old Oct 13th 2011, 12:16 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry for the delay but I am currently on vacation in Canada !!!

Yes is the answer - on my Vodafone contract I can nominate two VODAFONE numbers that I can call for free outside of the contract. I can change one a day I think !!!

But you need to read the small print - it changes frequently possibly monthly !!! Yes Monthly so check and recheck and continually make sure they have not screwed you already

Davexf
Old Oct 13th 2011, 1:40 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Hi

Me again - try this link to the Vodafone site

http://tienda.vodafone.es/do/catalog...59d200e2449f80

Tariffs at the bottom of the page
Davexf

Last edited by Dxf; Oct 13th 2011 at 1:42 am. Reason: Added tariff line

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.