Reload this Page >

Mobile internet

Mobile internet

Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:19 am
Mark2465

mark2465 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Mobile internet

Hi

My wife and I have just bought a small house outside Turis.

Does anyone know which mobile internet to get in a pay as you go basis for when we are travelling around as we won't be living there full time.

We also need to know what is the best internet to get for the house as we want to hook the security cameras up to it so we can see what is happening when we are not there

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2016, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile internet

Originally Posted by mark2465
Hi My wife and I have just bought a small house outside Turis. Does anyone know which mobile internet to get in a pay as you go basis for when we are travelling around as we won't be living there full time. We also need to know what is the best internet to get for the house as we want to hook the security cameras up to it so we can see what is happening when we are not there Thanks
Depends how much data you need. For day to day emails I use a Carrefour dongle at around 1 euro each day it's used, but it's limited to 100 mb per day. I do not have internet at our properties but am sure others will advise you on that.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

I use a mifi dongle, and I have Hits mobile SIM card. There are various subscriptions, but when we are away I use one that has 1gb for €4.90 a month, and my personal external security cameras are attached to this via wifi. There are other providers, so it really depends upon the signal at your home. Hits use the Vodafone network.

Last edited by CapnBilly; Mar 7th 2016 at 8:37 am.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use Masmovil payg which was reasonable cost wise. Of course it depends what the signal is like in the area being used.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 9:49 am
Mark2465

Thanks for the heads up. I now have a place to start.mi will look at the ones you suggested
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

If you are travelling back and forth from the UK you might try a Three data sim card. There is no addition charge when using in Spain although you are limited to 60 (??) days consecutive use abroad at any one time.
I purchased a 12gb card that lasts up to 12 months. I had a few teething problems setting it up on an unlocked mifi router but once sorted it worked fine albeit slightly slower than I expected.
I didn't mention in my earlier post as I thought you were in Germany.

http://store.three.co.uk/view/search...ariff=0to49.99
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:30 pm
Mark2465

Hi Johnnyone, all info is welcome. We are not in UK at the moment. I am a Brit, my wife is German so we travel here and there. We currently live in Saudi where I work and we bought a bolt hole in Spain so we are all over the place.