Menu del Dia

Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:18 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Menu del Dia

Once again I have returned from a menu del dia and feel again like I have eaten a house. When you look back at what you have eaten there does not appear to be that much in actual quantity eaten, So why do we feel like we have eaten a Christmas dinner can anyone explain........ PS selection box anyone
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:03 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Menu del Dia

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Once again I have returned from a menu del dia and feel again like I have eaten a house. When you look back at what you have eaten there does not appear to be that much in actual quantity eaten, So why do we feel like we have eaten a Christmas dinner can anyone explain........ PS selection box anyone
Probably because it is so cheap you just know you have had lots of food for your money!!

Now go and sleep it off my friend!!

And the vino too!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Probably because it is so cheap you just know you have had lots of food for your money!!

Now go and sleep it off my friend!!

And the vino too!!
I have just got up about 1 hour ago So I'm pottering on here and elsewhere.........
You know where But as I said you don't get a vast quantity but feel ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I have just got up about 1 hour ago So I'm pottering on here and elsewhere.........
You know where But as I said you don't get a vast quantity but feel ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It`s all the lead shot in the rabbit. ;-))
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s all the lead shot in the rabbit. ;-))
I didnt have rabbit ahhhhhh one of my favs though today We had Salad, Eggs Stuffed with tuna/black olives/red peppers then Sole in an cream and Almond sauce followed by Catalan Cream. 1 litre Bottle Wine/ 1 litre Bottle Water then coffee and the total cost of 20 euros for two. So not like home in the UK where you would have four nan's, chicken this, lamb that, With rice then a greasy slipper on the way back home....... Sorry I mean Kebab But here in Spain feel twice as full it must be the lunchtime eating........... The usual Lunch fare in the City was 4 bottles of pinko and no solids
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:26 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favorite things about Spain... MDD. Though this last trip at 12019 euros (in San Sebasti which is much more expensive I know) it was a bit hard on my (Yank) wallet, what with the 1.65 exchange rate.
Yo DO get fed well, normally from 'home made' food (which I prefer to high priced mass production generic crap food served by many menu resurants), you get the whole bottle of wine, a bottle of gaseosa, a loaf of bread and you walk out full. "Hole in the wall" cafe's are usually the best IMO.

What's not to like.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer
One of my favorite things about Spain... MDD. Though this last trip at 12019 euros (in San Sebasti which is much more expensive I know) it was a bit hard on my (Yank) wallet, what with the 1.65 exchange rate.
Yo DO get fed well, normally from 'home made' food (which I prefer to high priced mass production generic crap food served by many menu resurants), you get the whole bottle of wine, a bottle of gaseosa, a loaf of bread and you walk out full. "Hole in the wall" cafe's are usually the best IMO.

What's not to like.
I am sorry I didn't follow a word of that could I have the Wikipedia version