British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Menu del Dia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/menu-del-dia-541391/)

poshnbucks Jun 5th 2008 3:18 pm

Menu del Dia

:omg_smile: Once again I have returned from a menu del dia and feel again like I have eaten a house. When you look back at what you have eaten there does not appear to be that much in actual quantity eaten, So why do we feel like we have eaten a Christmas dinner can anyone explain........ PS selection box anyone :p

Same Difference Jun 5th 2008 4:03 pm

Re: Menu del Dia

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 6437727)
:omg_smile: Once again I have returned from a menu del dia and feel again like I have eaten a house. When you look back at what you have eaten there does not appear to be that much in actual quantity eaten, So why do we feel like we have eaten a Christmas dinner can anyone explain........ PS selection box anyone :p

Probably because it is so cheap you just know you have had lots of food for your money!! :D

Now go and sleep it off my friend!!

And the vino too!! :sneaky:

poshnbucks Jun 5th 2008 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Same Difference (Post 6437889)
Probably because it is so cheap you just know you have had lots of food for your money!! :D

Now go and sleep it off my friend!!

And the vino too!! :sneaky:

I have just got up about 1 hour ago :zzz: So I'm pottering on here and elsewhere......... ;)
You know where :eek: But as I said you don't get a vast quantity but feel ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jdr Jun 5th 2008 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 6437938)
I have just got up about 1 hour ago :zzz: So I'm pottering on here and elsewhere......... ;)
You know where :eek: But as I said you don't get a vast quantity but feel ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It`s all the lead shot in the rabbit. ;-))

poshnbucks Jun 5th 2008 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 6437961)
It`s all the lead shot in the rabbit. ;-))

I didnt have rabbit ahhhhhh one of my favs though today We had Salad, Eggs Stuffed with tuna/black olives/red peppers then Sole in an cream and Almond sauce followed by Catalan Cream. 1 litre Bottle Wine/ 1 litre Bottle Water then coffee and the total cost of 20 euros for two. So not like home in the UK where you would have four nan's, chicken this, lamb that, With rice then a greasy slipper on the way back home....... Sorry I mean Kebab :rofl: But here in Spain feel twice as full it must be the lunchtime eating........... The usual Lunch fare in the City was 4 bottles of pinko and no solids :lol:

ironporer Jun 5th 2008 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 6437727)

One of my favorite things about Spain... MDD. Though this last trip at 12019 euros (in San Sebasti which is much more expensive I know) it was a bit hard on my (Yank) wallet, what with the 1.65 exchange rate.
Yo DO get fed well, normally from 'home made' food (which I prefer to high priced mass production generic crap food served by many menu resurants), you get the whole bottle of wine, a bottle of gaseosa, a loaf of bread and you walk out full. "Hole in the wall" cafe's are usually the best IMO.

What's not to like.

poshnbucks Jun 5th 2008 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer (Post 6438984)
One of my favorite things about Spain... MDD. Though this last trip at 12019 euros (in San Sebasti which is much more expensive I know) it was a bit hard on my (Yank) wallet, what with the 1.65 exchange rate.
Yo DO get fed well, normally from 'home made' food (which I prefer to high priced mass production generic crap food served by many menu resurants), you get the whole bottle of wine, a bottle of gaseosa, a loaf of bread and you walk out full. "Hole in the wall" cafe's are usually the best IMO.

What's not to like.

I am sorry I didn't follow a word of that could I have the Wikipedia version :rofl: