Reload this Page >

Meetups/groups??

Meetups/groups??

Old Jun 1st 2015, 11:17 am
Just Joined

RobLikesSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meetups/groups??

Hello

I am Carolyn, wife of RobLikesSun. We are staying in Ayamonte from the end of June for the summer.

Just wondered if there were any groups/meetups or social events around the area which I could go along to meet people.

Thanks for any information

Carolyn
Old Jun 1st 2015, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meetups/groups??

Hello Carolyn & welcome to you both,

Mondays: Intercambio (Spanish-English language exchange, basic to advanced levels) 8pm at the Costa Esuri golf club house. Free.

Fridays: Quiz Night (in English) 8pm at the Costa Esuri golf club house. 10 euros per person includes meal (Fish&Chips, Chicken Curry/Chili con Carne/Spaghetti Bolognese have been on the menu).

I'm sure others will fill in the blanks

Carol
Old Jun 1st 2015, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Meetups/groups??

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hello Carolyn & welcome to you both,

Mondays: Intercambio (Spanish-English language exchange, basic to advanced levels) 8pm at the Costa Esuri golf club house. Free.

Fridays: Quiz Night (in English) 8pm at the Costa Esuri golf club house. 10 euros per person includes meal (Fish&Chips, Chicken Curry/Chili con Carne/Spaghetti Bolognese have been on the menu).

I'm sure others will fill in the blanks

Carol
CAROL!!! you missed the only important meetup of the week. MONDAY CLUB 18.00 on the terrace of the shop at Lomas. Boules at the play space below the shop before Monday Club and Mahjong in the GC.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

zzz siesta...

oh nuts, I forgot again! It's very warm outside y'know... 32 degrees C...
Old Jun 5th 2015, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Carol&John and John (or is it the same John?).

We have boules (although not very good at it!) and I need an intercambio - not sure about Mahjong but I will have a go at anything :-). Is the Monday club a social meetup? Quiz on Fridays sounds good too.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Carolyn
Old Jun 6th 2015, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope different John :-)
Old Jun 30th 2015, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Hello again

We are in Ayamonte now so just revisiting this page for the details. Is the shop at Lomas (Monday club & boules) part of the Costa Esuri golf club or somewhere else? Just trying to get my bearings....

Thanks, Carolyn
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobLikesSun
Hello again

We are in Ayamonte now so just revisiting this page for the details. Is the shop at Lomas (Monday club & boules) part of the Costa Esuri golf club or somewhere else? Just trying to get my bearings....

Thanks, Carolyn
The shop is the one on Lomas. Since this discussion started a new smaller shop has opened in the foyer of the GC clubhouse. Missed the club on Monday (pressure of work) but there is sure to be a few there next Monday.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

Hi Caolyn,

I have messaged you.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

Oops sorry Carolyn.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 11:39 am
Just Joined

We had a drive up to Esuri yesterday and found Lomas. Can you tell me where the shop is please? We saw what we thought was a bar as we drove up the hill with Lomas on our right but didn't see a shop - I guess it must be inside somewhere?

Also, is it OK for non-Esuri residents to go to the boules/club/intercambio?

Thanks

Carolyn

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
The shop is the one on Lomas. Since this discussion started a new smaller shop has opened in the foyer of the GC clubhouse. Missed the club on Monday (pressure of work) but there is sure to be a few there next Monday.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by RobLikesSun
We had a drive up to Esuri yesterday and found Lomas. Can you tell me where the shop is please? We saw what we thought was a bar as we drove up the hill with Lomas on our right but didn't see a shop - I guess it must be inside somewhere?

Also, is it OK for non-Esuri residents to go to the boules/club/intercambio?

Thanks

Carolyn
We are very happy to welcome everyone regardless of where they might live in Ayamonte. The shop on Lomas is also the bar and Monday Club is on the terrace at the front from 18.00. See you there!
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Missed you yesterday EsuriJohn - we stayed until around 19:20 ish.

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We are very happy to welcome everyone regardless of where they might live in Ayamonte. The shop on Lomas is also the bar and Monday Club is on the terrace at the front from 18.00. See you there!
Old Jul 10th 2015, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I see the intercambio, organised by CERA on Mondays at the Golf Club house, has stopped for the summer months.
Here's a tip: on FB, the translation service is ok , so "like" the CERA page or the Junta Directiva de Cera (one and the same), and you can read long in spanish and/or english.
There are several information sites now for the Ayamonte area.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Carol & John - I have found the Cera facebook page and now following.

Originally Posted by Carol&John
I see the intercambio, organised by CERA on Mondays at the Golf Club house, has stopped for the summer months.
Here's a tip: on FB, the translation service is ok , so "like" the CERA page or the Junta Directiva de Cera (one and the same), and you can read long in spanish and/or english.
There are several information sites now for the Ayamonte area.