Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Meeting Similar people in Torremolinos......

Wikiposts

Meeting Similar people in Torremolinos......

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:27 am
Just Joined

sanrod will become famous soon enoughsanrod will become famous soon enough
Default Meeting Similar people in Torremolinos......

Hi all. I'm new to this so bear with me.................

We own a place in Torremolinos which we use as much as we can during the year, we have owned it for 2 years now, we are hoping you can advise us on where to go in Torremolinos to meet up with similar English people who we can speak to about anything really, just to start to get to know some more english people over there. Are there any clubs, groups etc that meet up? It would be nice to be able to speak to ther people whilst we are out there.
Our place is right in the centre of Torremolinos up the road opposite mcdonalds. Does anyone know of any such places we could go to. Thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting Similar people in Torremolinos......

Originally Posted by sanrod
Hi all. I'm new to this so bear with me.................

We own a place in Torremolinos which we use as much as we can during the year, we have owned it for 2 years now, we are hoping you can advise us on where to go in Torremolinos to meet up with similar English people who we can speak to about anything really, just to start to get to know some more english people over there. Are there any clubs, groups etc that meet up? It would be nice to be able to speak to ther people whilst we are out there.
Our place is right in the centre of Torremolinos up the road opposite mcdonalds. Does anyone know of any such places we could go to. Thanks.
Hi, welcome - can't really help because I only ever use Torremolinos for its beach & chiringuitos! Have you done the obvious, gone to British run bars & asked, looked at posters, etc? If so, without success, then maybe just shift a bit further afield with your search to other areas with a sizeable British community where people may know where you'd find other Brits?
I suppose you could always speak to a Spaniard local or two? Maybe they'd know?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Red parrot hostal on your road opposite mc donalds. There are a few clubs who meet there I think.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Why dont you have a look at Sur in English, free paper. They list lots of clubs etc.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by big wheels
Try the Red parrot hostal on your road opposite mc donalds. There are a few clubs who meet there I think.
Hi. We pass the red parrot daily, but there seems to be VERY little life in there, thanks for your reply.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by trentino
Why dont you have a look at Sur in English, free paper. They list lots of clubs etc.
Hi. Its very rare we get to find the sur in english, we tend to buy the 'costa del sol' news, but theres none listed in there that we can see. Thanks.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Its very rare we get to find the sur in english, we tend to buy the 'costa del sol' news, but theres none listed in there that we can see. Thanks.
Then there's the EuroWeeklyNews (whatever else you may think of it), the FridayAds, the Olive Press, the Local Connections or whatever other freead mag does the rounds in your parts.....

However back to my earlier point, you could always ask someone???, and if you can't find exactly the location you're looking for you could contact someone in a big organisation (eg British Legion) somewhere else & ask if they've a Torremolinos branch....??
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamw
Then there's the EuroWeeklyNews (whatever else you may think of it), the FridayAds, the Olive Press, the Local Connections or whatever other freead mag does the rounds in your parts.....

However back to my earlier point, you could always ask someone???, and if you can't find exactly the location you're looking for you could contact someone in a big organisation (eg British Legion) somewhere else & ask if they've a Torremolinos branch....??
Thanks very much Fiona, never heard of the euroweeklynews, but will definately look for it now.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks very much Fiona, never heard of the euroweeklynews, but will definately look for it now.

Iceland for one place! .... speaking of which I guess even in Mijas/Fuengirola (the Iceland I sometimes go to) someone there might know of stuff going on in Torremolinos?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Why dont you ring the sur in english. Find out where they deliver to. It comes out on a Friday, you need to be early in paper shop to find it. In some places they keep behind the counter and you need to ask.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:13 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

O r even click on it Surinenglish
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

coldhater is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Google with english newspapers costa del sol
Old Aug 21st 2010, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Take it from me, having lived here since December (in Torremolinos), there is not a lot going on unless you have a very specific interest or are perhaps of the slightly older generation! Maybe going further afield to Benalmadena/Arroyo is an option, it's not so far after all. Perhaps it is something we should set up? I am also interested in meeting all kinds of people, we already have Spanish friends here but I am open to meeting English speakers too (not just "Brits").
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

There is a group of us that live in or around the Alhaurin area that has met up a couple of times and it is a really interesting few hours so I would highly recommend it.

I am sure that if someone suggests a time and place, maybe there is a bar or cafe that has a cabaret one evening and they post it that people will come not just from your area but all around, you can never have to many new friends. Several of the families have children that will be going back to school soon so maybe a weekend.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:32 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
There is a group of us that live in or around the Alhaurin area that has met up a couple of times and it is a really interesting few hours so I would highly recommend it.

I am sure that if someone suggests a time and place, maybe there is a bar or cafe that has a cabaret one evening and they post it that people will come not just from your area but all around, you can never have to many new friends. Several of the families have children that will be going back to school soon so maybe a weekend.

Yes, that was good fun (we still have that tortoise, my daughter has named him Squishy!!??, altho some think it may be a terrapin????). We must arrange something else and maybe catch some of the Torremolinos,/Benalmadena folk?????

Jo xxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.