Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Meeting Mature Singles

Meeting Mature Singles

Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:08 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting Mature Singles

Originally Posted by HBG
Cafe Benidorm, in the winter, is probably the most famous grab-a-granny venue in the world and is popular with visitors from the north of England, as is the whole of Benidorm. I don't know why, and if I say too much I'll be on thin ice anyway, but the average lady visitors seem much larger than their southern counterparts.

Last I heard, they even had a Geordie bouncer on the door, a big lad, like that Moat chap from Newcastle. The Spanish bouncers can speak English, as do the waiting staff, but they sometimes have trouble with Geordie accents.

There is a similar Spanish venue for their grannies just along from the Don Pancho in the main street. They keep out any troublemakers by charging five Euros for a half of lager, and if you buy a Spanish lady a drink, whiskey inevitably, you'll need a platinum card.
Just like to say that this is a very entertaining thread with its wide variety of posters and opinions,..... shades of the legendary Benidorm soap opera methinks.
Certainly brightened up my normally drab Monday morning.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG
the average lady visitors seem much larger than their southern counterparts.

These days, woman over a certain age have no problem whatsoever finding young and fit men for a brief encounter and no they dont have to pay either.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

There is a branch of the University of the Third Age based in El Morche, east of Malaga between Torre del Mar and Torrox Costa. I was asked if I was interested in joining by an English neighbour as she and her husband are members (very nice people) - I was a bit insulted as I don't consider myself Third Age just yet!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

big girls are from the north, nowt wrong with that lol. the fact we have cold weather, try walking along the beach in winter you need the padding and a few extra stone more than their southern softie counterparts just to stay standing, lol. We also know how to look after their men, send them out with a good bait box, no skinny mini sarnies good sottie and for tea a parmo, . We are far from desperate and like to be treated as an equal, if you can do it so can we

But personally I will not be visiting the place, do not fit the bill on age,
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:34 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
There is a branch of the University of the Third Age based in El Morche, east of Malaga between Torre del Mar and Torrox Costa. I was asked if I was interested in joining by an English neighbour as she and her husband are members (very nice people) - I was a bit insulted as I don't consider myself Third Age just yet!
The one in Fuengirola has all age groups. I did a 10 week course called "The New Spaniards" and my friend was only 45 at the time. They don't mind. However I wouldn't go there looking for a bit of young totty
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:48 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
big girls are from the north, nowt wrong with that lol. the fact we have cold weather, try walking along the beach in winter you need the padding and a few extra stone more than their southern softie counterparts just to stay standing, lol. We also know how to look after their men, send them out with a good bait box, no skinny mini sarnies good sottie and for tea a parmo, . We are far from desperate and like to be treated as an equal, if you can do it so can we

But personally I will not be visiting the place, do not fit the bill on age,
Well said lass.

Personally I prefer a bit of meat on them myself to those skinny anorexic southern bints.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:02 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently monitoring a close relative who has joined a couple of dating clubs after she was widowed. She's a normal woman seeking a relationship with a normal man.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that she has finally found one, but a few of her efforts over the early years have both entertained us and made us sad. She soon discovered that men tell lies on the internet and post photos of themselves that are well out of date. Men of six feet tall suddenly shrink on meetings, 50-year olds look seventy and are drawing old age pensions, athletic builds turn into 20-stone beer bellies and so on.

One thing I learned from her is that you can exchange photos and chat away to someone, but you can't exchange smells over the internet, screens don't smell.

But people do, and she was put off by someone's smell on more than one occasion.

Nor do men acknowledge, or don't even know that they snore.

And how do you know that the person you meet in a safe public place isn't some sort of maniac? Fred and Rose West looked like normal people on their photos, and so did that guy in North London who ate people.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I know what you mean
However, Dad's partner is only 62 (he's 77 ) and she happens to be friends with another single lady I know from walking our dogs, who is also early 60's, separated, and goes to U3A. They are both very well-groomed, attractive, independent women who enjoy the company of a man without wanting the commitment of marriage again - probably just the type of person the OP is looking to meet ...
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

I believe there is also a U3A group in the Alhaurin and Fuengirola area, try looking at this link http://www.u3acostadelsol.org/ , it is the A3A site down on the sol.

As for age it is only a number I am 44 and my other half of 9yrs is 63. Both of us were divorced after having bad marriages , neither of us have any interest in re marrying although in Spain that does have it's down side should anything happen to him.

Although there is a big age gap we are like 2 peas in a pod , we have similar interests and can often be doing something that the other was thinking about, had it not been for the internet I would not have met him as he lived down south and I was up north, we spoke in a chat room and he said hello.

Many people have unattainable wishes when looking for a partner and believe what they see written, you never know someone until you live with them, but when you live with them you have to accept them for who they are, not try and make them what you were looking for in the first place.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:09 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jay01

Many people have unattainable wishes when looking for a partner and believe what they see written, you never know someone until you live with them, but when you live with them you have to accept them for who they are, not try and make them what you were looking for in the first place.
Very true, if only all women thought like that from an early age.....oh and men as well of course, but there again I find that it's mainly the women who try to change their guys rather than accept them for what they are, but I suppose I could be accused of being biased.

By the way women also snore, some of them big time, enough to wake up half the street.
I'm still good friends with the lady in question but it's probably one of the reasons I tend to keep her at arms length.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:47 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Very true, if only all women thought like that from an early age.....oh and men as well of course, but there again I find that it's mainly the women who try to change their guys rather than accept them for what they are, but I suppose I could be accused of being biased.

By the way women also snore, some of them big time, enough to wake up half the street.
I'm still good friends with the lady in question but it's probably one of the reasons I tend to keep her at arms length.
and when it does wake half the street blames the man