Medicines

Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicines

What is peoples experiences of the cost of medicines at farmacia?

I only ask, because people had told me its quite reasonably priced here. Imagine my shock therefore when I went for some prescription tablets (Prevencor) to reduce cholestorol and got charged 48 euros for 28 of them!

I seem to remember that you don't get medicines free after you reach retirement age here (is that correct) so getting ill could become expensive even if you are covered under the state or private!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicines

I take immigran for migraines, although rarely need them now thanks to stress free life, but cost is about 28€ for 4 tablets
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
I take immigran for migraines, although rarely need them now thanks to stress free life, but cost is about 28€ for 4 tablets
Whoaaaa .... yes, don't get too many headaches. Have you tried on line pharmacies?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

No have not tried them, but have not taken immigran for ages, and trying not to, gets too expensive! Last time I was in UK I bought Solpadine migraine tablets, they are very good although I sometime take a double dose
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:38 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I seem to remember that you don't get medicines free after you reach retirement age here (is that correct) so getting ill could become expensive even if you are covered under the state or private!!
Mitzyboy I thought once you were of retirement age and registered with a GP you could get medication free, I am only going by what friends have told me, they are both retired and receive there pensions from the UK. All medication they have is free of charge, my friend uses an asthma pump and she said "that before she registered she had to pay 84 euros for it but thankfully no charge know"). I may of misunderstood her but I don't think I did.

Last edited by crispy; Feb 14th 2007 at 5:40 pm. Reason: really bad granma
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:46 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Mitzyboy I thought once you were of retirement age and registered with a GP you could get medication free, I am only going by what friends have told me, they are both retired and receive there pensions from the UK. All medication they have is free of charge, my friend uses an asthma pump and she said "that before she registered she had to pay 84 euros for it but thankfully no charge know"). I may of misunderstood her but I don't think I did.
Yes our friends have free health care and free medicines, she is just 60.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:49 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Oh well, only 11 years to go then!!! If I have to take these tablets for the rest of my life then that means 6336 euros ...... if that doesn't put my stress / cholesterol levels up nothing will
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, only 11 years to go then!!! If I have to take these tablets for the rest of my life then that means 6336 euros ...... if that doesn't put my stress / cholesterol levels up nothing will
It might be worth checking if there are any "generic" equivalents to that drug.

Your local farmacia should know if they are available or you could ask the doctor that prescribed them.

Anti cholesterol drugs are the most prescibed drugs in the world and it is in the interests of the drug companies to get them prescribed. It amazes me that blood pressure drugs are equally expensive. It's probably cheaper in the long run to stop taking the drugs and have a heart attack on your private insurance policy!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:39 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's probably cheaper in the long run to stop taking the drugs and have a heart attack on your private insurance policy!

I'll bear that in mind
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It might be worth checking if there are any "generic" equivalents to that drug.

Your local farmacia should know if they are available or you could ask the doctor that prescribed them.

Anti cholesterol drugs are the most prescibed drugs in the world and it is in the interests of the drug companies to get them prescribed. It amazes me that blood pressure drugs are equally expensive. It's probably cheaper in the long run to stop taking the drugs and have a heart attack on your private insurance policy!
LOL
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

I only ask, because people had told me its quite reasonably priced here. Imagine my shock therefore when I went for some prescription tablets (Prevencor) to reduce cholestorol and got charged 48 euros for 28 of them!

You do get free medicines etc when retired. You will need form E121 from DHSS
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

perscription costs are substantially reduced if legally working and have a SIP card

I have to have injections which are 150€ each (lasts 2 weeks) but with my SIP card I pay approx 2,50€

Last edited by spain; Feb 14th 2007 at 8:09 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:44 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by spain
perscription costs are substantially reduced if legally working and have a SIP card

I have to have injections which are 150€ each (lasts 2 weeks) but with my SIP card I pay approx 2,50€
Mmmmm .... not much use to us retirees under retirement age
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road

Mmmmm .... not much use to us retirees under retirement age
Serves you right.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:17 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

We are retired here, and all medicines etc are FREE, even those we have bought at a local farmacia have been cheaper that a prescription would ahve cost in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.