Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

medical notes.and medicines translated??

medical notes.and medicines translated??

Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of
Default Re: medical notes.and medicines translated??

the problem with that is that as i have an underactive thyroid, am diabetic and asthmatic and suffer from rheumatism and osteoarthritis. that lots of other illness could be attribitated to any of these problems
for examplei got preumonia because my immune system is poor. i am asthmatic and the treatment affected my diabetis no end and then caused me to have diabetic neuropathy!!! so in that case nothing would be covered.. i think i might rent in valencia and see if that works for me...i have seen some of the most amazing photographs of the region although i have never been there..so it might be worth a try..I am much fitter and healthier when i am in spain and i am not expecting illness - does anyone?? i just wanted to made sure i had all areas covered.

carole
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madcarole
the problem with that is that as i have an underactive thyroid, am diabetic and asthmatic and suffer from rheumatism and osteoarthritis. that lots of other illness could be attribitated to any of these problems
for examplei got preumonia because my immune system is poor. i am asthmatic and the treatment affected my diabetis no end and then caused me to have diabetic neuropathy!!! so in that case nothing would be covered.. i think i might rent in valencia and see if that works for me...i have seen some of the most amazing photographs of the region although i have never been there..so it might be worth a try..I am much fitter and healthier when i am in spain and i am not expecting illness - does anyone?? i just wanted to made sure i had all areas covered.

carole
Anyone whjo is retired is automatically covered in the Spanish health service, so if you come into that scenario, then you would be really OK, the Spanish Health Service is rated much higher than the UK one by the WHO, 6th as opposed to 24th.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

but as i said previously thats where the problems lie.
i will be 55 and my husband 53..
so now perhaps you can see the concern

carole
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

but as i said previously thats where the problems lie.
i will be 55 and my husband 53..
so now perhaps you can see the concern

carole
Are you receiving any disability allowances from UK? If so I think I have read on here that you can have health care here based on this and will be treated similar to a pensioner......not sure of this so you will need to continue asking.

Rosemary
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Are you receiving any disability allowances from UK? If so I think I have read on here that you can have health care here based on this and will be treated similar to a pensioner......not sure of this so you will need to continue asking.

Rosemary
Aha! Asked hub too and he said this is correct, so did a bit of searching about and found this....

Spain - Healthcare
Spain has an excellent Health System far superior to that of either the UK or Ireland. The costs of medical care and expenses can be recovered by those EU and European Economic Area citizens/permanent residents who make claims under the EU Elll, E106 and E121 Forms. In synopsis, the Elll Form - Called a European Health Insurance Card from 2005 (EHIC] or Tarjeta Comunitaria in Spain - is meant for temporary visitors visiting Spain for no more than 90 days, requiring emergency medical care whilst on holiday. The other Forms are meant for permanent working or retired residents of Spain and other European Union/European Economic Area countries. In Spain the vast majority of able bodied non-retired patients are expected to contribute around 25% to the total cost of their medical care.
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) - Temporary Visitors: This allows temporary visitors to Spain to have emergency treatment provided to them on the same basis as a resident of Spain. It should however, be noted that the cost of repatriation to the UK or Ireland is not covered under the legislation, and is the responsibility of the individual (or their insurance company). Forms can be obtained from most Post Offices - In the UK further information can be garnered from the:

Inland Revenue
National Insurance Contributions Office Centre for Non Residents Longbenton Newcastle upon Tyne NE98 1ZZ
Tel 019122 54811

Form 121 - Retirees and Non-Retirees of Pensionable Age and those with Registered Disabilities: This allows EU and European Economic Area citizens who have reached state pension age, women over 60* and men over 65; those with long-term disability pension; and those working and paying national insurance contributions to claim Free Medical Care in Spain provided your UK or Irish National Insurance contributions are up-to-date.

Form 106 - For those below Pensionable Age who have moved permanently to Spain: This allows temporary cover in Spain for up to 2 years depending on the state of your national insurance contributions in the UK or Ireland. This scheme does not provide free medical care but does allow you to be treated in the same way as an indigenous Spaniard. After the transitional period, it is expected that those working in Spain would start to pay Spanish national insurance contributions. For those having taken early retirement it might be wise to continue to paying UK or Irish Nl contributions.

E106 & E121 Administrative Procedures - Once the appropriate Form has been completed and forwarded to the Inland Revenue; the Inland Revenue will then return a stamped copy ready for presentation in Spain. Thus, for example, if one was moving to Malaga one would need to present their NIE (Numero de Identificacion de Extranjeros) or Foreigners Identification Number, or in some areas a NIF (Numero de Identificacion Fiscal); their Passport and Social Security (Seguridad Social) Number to:

El Institute Nacional de la Seguridad Social (INSS),
C/Huescar 7, 29007, Malaga IMalaga), Spain,
Telefono/Telephone: + 34 95 2393700 Fax: + 34 95 2649553

If one does not already have a local Social Security Number then this should also be applied; in the case of Malaga, the local Social Security Office or Tesorer_a de la Seguridad Social is located at:

Tesorer a de la Seguridad Social
C/lngeniero de la Torre Acosta 5, 29007, Malaga (Malaga!, Spain, Telefono/Telephone: + 34 95 2619500 ) Fax: + 34 95 2619556, + 34 95 2619581, + 34 95 2619556

Forms 121 and 106 can be obtained from the Inland Revenue or Pension Service or at larger Post Offices:

The Pension Service,
International Pension Centre,
Tyneview Park, Medical Benefits, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1BA, England.
Telephone: 0191 218 7547 - Facsimile: 0191 218 7376 Email [email protected]
In the Republic of Ireland further information can be obtained at:
Social Welfare Services Office
International Records Section, Floor 2, Oisin House, Pearse Street, Dublin 2
Tel: (01) 704 3000 or (01) 673 2329
Social Welfare Information Services, Tel: (01) 704 300

Looking more promising!!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Karma button is on the left hand side of a post below the avatar, when you really enjoy a post or think that it is useful etc you can click on the button, leave a message and then OK it. Giving Karma adds to peoples reputation which is a line of blue squares under the avatar, think you can give Karma after 4 or 5 postings.

Rosemary

Thank you very much for this... I´m learning, I´m learning!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all that info..i have had a read through and copied into my to do folder..
will get onto the relevant departments tommorrow...

will also send karma now i know what to do..

carole
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

All info has been read with much interest. Would like to add that when I reached 60 and could get the E121 my husband was only 62 but I asked for him to be added so that he could get the health cover before reaching 65 and he now has the Spanish Health Card too. They don't mention that when you apply for your E121. Good luck on your move over.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just as an aside, and to prove what a useful tool it is ..... all this has been covered before on this forum on numerous occasions and the search facility here would bring up all the threads or posts.

Of course its no problem going through it again, but just so newer posters are aware that this facility is very useful
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that mitziboy..i didnt thik of using the search facility as i suppose that as being new to these forums we always assume that our problems are new and noone else has had the same worries.lol

carole
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that mitziboy..i didnt thik of using the search facility as i suppose that as being new to these forums we always assume that our problems are new and noone else has had the same worries.lol

carole
Oh ...... I can assure you that we have ALL had this particular worry
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: medical notes.and medicines translated??

carole
Have a look at the Free Beer thread it is all collected together there!