Reload this Page >

Medical certificate and apostille

Medical certificate and apostille

Old Mar 8th 2021, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

sweet_lana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical certificate and apostille

Hello everyone!

Has anyone applied for a temp residence in Spain, or any long-term visa after Brexit?
I am collecting documents, and it's very confusing . Where can I get the medical certificate? I am waiting for an appointment with my GP but I'm really worried they would be unaware of the Spanish consulate requirements.
Then the Haag Apostille - the official website says that we need to provide an apostille on the Criminal record certificate? This is odd since it's already used by police after a thorough check, is it not official enough? But ok, at least this one is among the documents listed on the FCO website, that they provide an apostille for, but the medical certificate isn't - how can we request an apostille on something they don't provide ?

Then they also require sworn translation for those 2 documents, so do I first make an apostille, then the translation?

And the last: for the financial means, do you just provide the bank statements for a few months, or a balance? What paper shall I ask from my bank?

Thank you very much for your replies.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 4:56 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical certificate and apostille

Originally Posted by sweet_lana
Hello everyone!

Has anyone applied for a temp residence in Spain, or any long-term visa after Brexit?
I am collecting documents, and it's very confusing . Where can I get the medical certificate? I am waiting for an appointment with my GP but I'm really worried they would be unaware of the Spanish consulate requirements.
Then the Haag Apostille - the official website says that we need to provide an apostille on the Criminal record certificate? This is odd since it's already used by police after a thorough check, is it not official enough? But ok, at least this one is among the documents listed on the FCO website, that they provide an apostille for, but the medical certificate isn't - how can we request an apostille on something they don't provide ?

Then they also require sworn translation for those 2 documents, so do I first make an apostille, then the translation?

And the last: for the financial means, do you just provide the bank statements for a few months, or a balance? What paper shall I ask from my bank?

Thank you very much for your replies.
You need an Apostille on every official British document, the idea is that the FCO verifies it's real instead of Spain.

For the medical certificate, wouldn't selecting "medical report" do it? Maybe you could contact the FCO and check.

The consulate in Manchester says the medical certificate/report has to say the following (click on a visa type where it explains in Spanish):

El solicitante no padece ninguna de las enfermedades que pueden tener repercusiones de salud pública graves de conformidad con lo dispuesto en el Reglamento Sanitario Internacional de 2005
Which means it has to say this in English: "The applicant does not suffer from any of the diseases that may have serious public health implications in accordance with the provisions of the International Health Regulations 2005."

Afterwards you will need to get the documents translated by a official translator, but that happens after you've got the Hague Apostille on each one.

Edited the reply a bit.

Last edited by DLC; Mar 9th 2021 at 5:41 pm.