Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

medical card , Communidad Valencia

medical card , Communidad Valencia

Old Aug 16th 2011, 6:28 am
Just Joined

espana10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical card , Communidad Valencia

I have lived here for 6 years.I do not work.Am 55.My partner of 7 years works here in spain legally.We are not married but have padrons at the same address.Is there any way i can get a medical card.If we were married ,i am told, its not a problem. ??????????????????????????????
Old Aug 16th 2011, 7:39 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical card , Communidad Valencia

Originally Posted by espana10
I have lived here for 6 years.I do not work.Am 55.My partner of 7 years works here in spain legally.We are not married but have padrons at the same address.Is there any way i can get a medical card.If we were married ,i am told, its not a problem. ??????????????????????????????
No, I don't think you can as you are not a 'legal' dependant.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:11 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
No, I don't think you can as you are not a 'legal' dependant.
she might be able to if she is 'officially' his partner - pareja de hecho?

not sure how you about that though
Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

LittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the roughLittleWeed is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lynnxa
she might be able to if she is 'officially' his partner - pareja de hecho?

not sure how you about that though
Yes, I believe that´s right. To qualify you have establish that you have been living together for at least a year.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

yes you can, before my friend recently married her partner she was his dependant and having obtained padrons at the same address she was added to his healthcare even though they had only been living together for 3 months at that time. He isn't even a pensioner but is in receipt of an army pension.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

espana10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good info everyone..........thanks
Does anyone know the healthcard helpline tel no in Valencia?
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:52 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by espana10
unless I have totally misunderstood the question (if so not the first time) and the responses by others you need to look at
http://www.rupturas.es/dudas/pandalucia.htm
and the supporting website.

I asked a similar question in another thread a week or so ago and that was the response

you may also wish to visit the Direct.gov.uk website which has information on medical for those living abroad, where you should have an EHIC and may, just may, be entitled to an S1 but this seems to bring together a number of forms which had different rules

rgds

Last edited by Domino; Aug 16th 2011 at 4:55 pm. Reason: addnl info
Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

DWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to all

You will need to be accepted as a dependant by the INSS (social security institution) to be able to have access to the state healthcare system. If you call the Valencia helpline this is what they will tell you.

As we understand it, the INSS will accept unmarried partners as long as you have been living at the same address for a certain amount of time. This is normally one year. Contact your local office for more details.

And just to clarify one point made above, as you are living in Spain and not in receipt of any UK state pension or benefit, you would not be entitled to use a UK-issued EHIC card.