Reload this Page >

MATB1 from abroad

MATB1 from abroad

Old Sep 14th 2022, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Airamajo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MATB1 from abroad

Hi all,
I live in Spain, but work for a UK employer from here remotely. I pay tax and NI in the UK (and declare earnings in Spain too). I'm now pregnant, and in order to prove to my UK employer that I'm pregnant, I need to provide a MATB1 certificate.

Obviously this isn't possible as I don't live in the UK. Any ideas on best way to proceed? Do I need to go back and register with a doctor in the UK to get it?
Old Sep 15th 2022, 6:57 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MATB1 from abroad

Originally Posted by Airamajo
Hi all,
I live in Spain, but work for a UK employer from here remotely. I pay tax and NI in the UK (and declare earnings in Spain too). I'm now pregnant, and in order to prove to my UK employer that I'm pregnant, I need to provide a MATB1 certificate.

Obviously this isn't possible as I don't live in the UK. Any ideas on best way to proceed? Do I need to go back and register with a doctor in the UK to get it?
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
As this is a forum for introductions, post again in the dedicated Spain forum where you'll get response from the "locals". If they can't help personally, they'll be able to point you in the right direction, but why wouldn't your UK employer accept an equivalent Spanish Certificate (with certified translation into English)?
HTH
Old Sep 15th 2022, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Airamajo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replied, I will do.

I think MATb1 is the necessary document to claim SMP, so not sure if another document can be accepted...

Regards
Old Sep 16th 2022, 6:55 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airamajo
Thanks for your replied, I will do.

I think MATb1 is the necessary document to claim SMP, so not sure if another document can be accepted...

Regards
How long have you been living in Spain and/or working for your UK employers? Before or after Brexit? Whenever, if they've been paying your Spanish healthcare coverage up to the present, then surely they've already received Spanish documents for all your medical issues before becoming pregnant?
Those living in Spain are better placed than me, but I would first ask your employer whether the Spanish Certificate is valid, and if not, enquire at your local Social Security office. They'll have your dossier and will be able to tell you whether you're covered for Maternity Leave.
(Presumably your employers had taken the necessary steps and your employment situation is in order....)
Old Apr 12th 2023, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

ebora80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Airamajo! I think I'm in a similar situation. How did you manage to sort it out in the end? Any alternative document ?or did you have to pursue the MAT B1 option? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 12th 2023, 2:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Airamajp has not returned to the forum since September so you may not receive a reply.

Rosemary
Old Feb 17th 2024, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Crishler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebora80
Hi Airamajo! I think I'm in a similar situation. How did you manage to sort it out in the end? Any alternative document ?or did you have to pursue the MAT B1 option? Thanks in advance!
me too can you please advise on how you resolved this? Thank you!
Old Feb 17th 2024, 8:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crishler
me too can you please advise on how you resolved this? Thank you!
Neither of the people who have the same problem as you have returned to the forum.

Rosemary
Old Feb 18th 2024, 1:50 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the example MATB1, presumably any letter from a doctor in Spain saying you're pregnant and when the baby is due and with their doctor's registration number on it (número de colegiado) will do.

They may be willing to use the same format in English and fill in the blanks, or they may only be willing to write a letter in Spanish. In the second case I guess you'll have to find a translator.

Last edited by DLC; Feb 18th 2024 at 1:55 pm.