Reload this Page >

Masters in Spain with British undergrad

Masters in Spain with British undergrad

Old May 4th 2021, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Crocs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Masters in Spain with British undergrad

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck doing a Spanish masters through UNED with an English undergrad? How did you go about doing it?

Has anyone had any luck doing a PGCE in the UK then studying for the oposiciones?

I finished my undergrad in 2017 at the University of Nottingham, how would I go about studying the extra modules to make my 3 year, 180 credit degree into a fully recognised 240 credit Spanish degree. I know I have to study three extra modules, but I have no idea where. Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Rosemary; May 4th 2021 at 9:39 am. Reason: Linked the three threads as this will be better.
Old May 4th 2021, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masters in Spain with British undergrad

Wish I could help, but am not sure what you could do.
It might be worth while even contacting the Spanish Embassy in Britain, the Instituto Cervantes & the Spanish Cultural Institute in London (I'm guessing there is one!).
If they cannot give info, they might at least be able to put you on the right track.
One thing where there is always/often a problem is where European countries recognise/don't recognise degrees or similar from England or other countries.
Europe isn't as united as one would think or wish!

Best wishes
Old May 4th 2021, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crocs
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck doing a Spanish masters through UNED with an English undergrad? How did you go about doing it?

Has anyone had any luck doing a PGCE in the UK then studying for the oposiciones?

I finished my undergrad in 2017 at the University of Nottingham, how would I go about studying the extra modules to make my 3 year, 180 credit degree into a fully recognised 240 credit Spanish degree. I know I have to study three extra modules, but I have no idea where. Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance
I assume as you mention PGCE and opociciones you are considering a teaching career in Spain. I also assume that you mean your degree was in Spanish and you have a minimum C1 level in the language. I was of the opinion that only Spanish nationals could sit oposiciones however this might have changed. I dont think you will find anyone here who has done oposiciones so would be advised to use the relevant spanish sites. If you were thinking of a teaching career be advised that there are a large number of graduate teachers already in the market so competion is high. Also new teachers tend to be moved around Spain at the end of each academic year as temporary contracts are the norm unfortunately.
Old May 5th 2021, 12:27 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crocs
Hey,

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance
Hi, FWIW, my daughter is about to finish a Masters in a French Uni, on the basis of a degree which she obtained in Germany several years beforehand. She has French nationality and there was no problem enrolling in either Uni, with EU equivalents.
However, the UK not being in the EU any longer, you should check whether your UK diploma is recognized in Spain.
Also, unless you intend to do your Masters from the UK, check what Visa you'd be entitled to if you're going to continue your studies in Spain through UNED and not in an actual Uni.
P.S. Have you seen this official UNED site for this last year, which should give an idea on enrolling for this..?

http://portal.uned.es/pls/portal/doc...ULA-MASTER.PDF