Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Massage on the Costa Blanca

Massage on the Costa Blanca

Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Massage on the Costa Blanca

Hi all,
I am a massage therapist English trained and looking for work, I would prefer to work in a clinic and have a contract, but am willing to work anywhere, I have thought about setting up on Alicante beach front massaging feet also on the beach offering full body massage. I am also trained in Indian Head massage, any comments, views, suggestions??

I am a 51 year old male with five years experiance,

Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

dougie V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Massage on the Costa Blanca

don't know if it is of any help, but there is a massage salon in villamartin plaza, sorry i don't know the name, but i'm sure u could find out if you did some research. also there is a "max Gym" in playa flamenca that i'm sure will ofer this service too. try looking them up on google, or placing a thread on the forum.....hope it helps. All the best
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Dougie, Those are a bit too far south for me as I live in Sax Just north west of Elda, I am looking for the Alicante area, thanks anyway.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

countryboy,
Have you tried asking hotels if they'd like you to provide such a service? The brother of a friend of ours was able to get a job at a big hotel on the south coast doing just this. They had a gym/health/beauty setup inhouse, so wanted someone in the massage role, but it might well work on a less formal basis, say, round the pool or if they have a salon.

cheers,
coralsoft

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hi all,
I am a massage therapist English trained and looking for work, I would prefer to work in a clinic and have a contract, but am willing to work anywhere, I have thought about setting up on Alicante beach front massaging feet also on the beach offering full body massage. I am also trained in Indian Head massage, any comments, views, suggestions??

I am a 51 year old male with five years experiance,

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Thank you coralsoft,

I have tried this approach early last year and I visited around 55 hotels in Alicante, all had much the same responce "No Thank you" it got so disheartning, I almost gave up on life, but I carried on reguardless. Thank you anyway.