Reload this Page >

Marbella to Malaga

Marbella to Malaga

Old Nov 7th 2015, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Brian in Essex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marbella to Malaga

Good afternoon all,

I am a 60 year old man (divorced) currently residing in the U.K.

After my divorce, I decided that I needed a complete change. I looked at buying and running a B&B in Wales or buying a property in Malta. After spending time at the B&B and 3 trips to Malta, I have now decided against both options. So here I am looking at Spain.

I have recently started my research on the area between Malaga and Marbella and seeking some input from people currently living in this area.

I have been working as a Property Manager since 2004, managing apartments for a Managing Agent and would like to work within the housing/property market.

Any advice would be very welcome i.e. should I come out and rent for a month or so, should I rent or buy, what is the reality of finding suitable work - not necessarily within housing/property.

And finally what do you most enjoy about living in Spain.

I look forward to receiving your comments good and not so good.

Thank you
Old Nov 7th 2015, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Marbella to Malaga

Originally Posted by Brian in Essex
Good afternoon all,

I am a 60 year old man (divorced) currently residing in the U.K.

After my divorce, I decided that I needed a complete change. I looked at buying and running a B&B in Wales or buying a property in Malta. After spending time at the B&B and 3 trips to Malta, I have now decided against both options. So here I am looking at Spain.

I have recently started my research on the area between Malaga and Marbella and seeking some input from people currently living in this area.

I have been working as a Property Manager since 2004, managing apartments for a Managing Agent and would like to work within the housing/property market.

Any advice would be very welcome i.e. should I come out and rent for a month or so, should I rent or buy, what is the reality of finding suitable work - not necessarily within housing/property.

And finally what do you most enjoy about living in Spain.

I look forward to receiving your comments good and not so good.

Thank you
Hi Brian, I would come out and rent for a month and speak to a few people here to see how it is. Check The Sur in English newspaper online for rentals and jobs but I have to tell you that finding a job will be very difficult unless you get a job in telesales. Make sure you have medical insurance and transport. All the best
Old Nov 7th 2015, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Brian in Essex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marbella to Malaga

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

Brian