Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Malala Yousafzai

Malala Yousafzai

Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malala Yousafzai

I've just seen part of 16 year old Malala Yousafzai's speech at the UN today, on the news:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...free-education

What an amazing public speaker she is for someone so young, I think she could have a brilliant future in politics if she chooses to go down that path.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malala Yousafzai

All the best to her.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I've just seen part of 16 year old Malala Yousafzai's speech at the UN today, on the news:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...free-education

What an amazing public speaker she is for someone so young, I think she could have a brilliant future in politics if she chooses to go down that path.
Truly amazing and inspiring young lady. I hope she doesn't go into politics, she is far too brave and honest.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:23 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
Truly amazing and inspiring young lady. I hope she doesn't go into politics, she is far too brave and honest.
I was really impressed and touched with her speech - a fantastic and inspiring young lady. Probably the best speech Ive heard in years, when you consider her story.

Also on another thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=30

Jon
Old Oct 5th 2013, 5:05 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I was really impressed and touched with her speech - a fantastic and inspiring young lady. Probably the best speech Ive heard in years, when you consider her story.

Also on another thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=30

Jon
Check out Panorama Monday 20:30 UK time, 21:30 CET. A documentary on Malala entitled 'shot for going to school'

Jon
Old Oct 7th 2013, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Ochiba is an unknown quantity at this point

This was marked once as the difference between religión and science. The one destroying, the other restoring.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:01 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Sha has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Sha has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
She'd be a very much more deserving recipient than some who have already received it!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:01 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Lynn R
She'd be a very much more deserving recipient than some who have already received it!
Totally agree, I have given up on the whole Nobel prize thing, after the EU got it and the grinning Barosso, Shultz & Van Rompoy received the prize. The Nobel prize committee has lost credibility and who really cares anyway......

Malala is getting a lot of press at the moment, and I hope her story is heard by everyone, if that means the Nobel guys get involved, then I suppose I would have to commend it...

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 9th 2013 at 2:07 am.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 6:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Totally agree, I have given up on the whole Nobel prize thing, after the EU got it and the grinning Barosso, Shultz & Van Rompoy received the prize. The Nobel prize committee has lost credibility and who really cares anyway......

Malala is getting a lot of press at the moment, and I hope her story is heard by everyone, if that means the Nobel guys get involved, then I suppose I would have to commend it...
She won a 'Pride of Britain' award last night, it was presented by David Beckham in the US because she is still over there giving talks.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

I've just watched an interview with Malala on the Andrew Marr programme - every time I hear her speak I am in awe, what an inspiring person she is.

She has an ambition to return to Pakistan and enter politics there, and spoke out as clearly and plainly as anyone could wish to hear - the Taliban and the terrorists are a tiny minority, and in her words, the name of Islam is misused and abused by them.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 11:08 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The Sunday times has a feature on her in todays magazine.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 4:16 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that she is becoming a hate figure in Pakistan Accusations that she is being used as a tool by the West and her Father being a CIA Agent.

I do think she may be a puppet of her Father.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 5:02 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear that some in Pakistan are just as easily fooled by bigoted views as are some on this forum.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 9:16 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
It would appear that some in Pakistan are just as easily fooled by bigoted views as are some on this forum.
Yeah. About 179 million of them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.