Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

malaga arrival pick up

malaga arrival pick up

Old Sep 27th 2021, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of
Default malaga arrival pick up

We are picking up a visitor at malaga airport. Usually we ask them to go up to the express parking lot and we park up there and meet them.

We have not been recently but a friend said it is not straightforward to get from the arrivals hall to the express parking because some areas are taped off and some lifts aren't working due to covid restrictions and/or building works.

Can anyone who has been in the airport confirm how to get from the arrivals hall to the express parking lot above. Please be detailed as this person has not been before. thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 8:21 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: malaga arrival pick up

Bit place Malaga airport.

I hope they don't get lost!

Tell them to bring hiking boots and a compass!
Old Sep 27th 2021, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

For meeting passengers, I park in P1 car park situated on the ground floor past the car hire parking. It's only 3.20 euro an hour, whereas Express Parking is over 10 euro. Just meet them at arrivals door (only one is in use) and take the escalator just behind you to the first floor and walk about 5 min to P1 parking. There is a moving walkway but wasn't in use when I was last there a few weeks ago. Don't try to get them to meet you in car parks, as it can be tricky to find their way and if they are delayed, as it's possible with passport control and health checks etc, you end up paying a lot in Express Parking.

Last edited by Joppa; Sep 27th 2021 at 10:02 am.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Bit place Malaga airport.

I hope they don't get lost!

Tell them to bring hiking boots and a compass!
Love a bit of humour!
Old Sep 27th 2021, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the P1 car park open now, ? I dont think it was when I picked my daughter up the first week of July we had to use the express carpark
Old Sep 27th 2021, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, P1 was open in late July, August and early in September. I have a booking for end October.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Manclass
Is the P1 car park open now, ? I dont think it was when I picked my daughter up the first week of July we had to use the express carpark
How did she get from arrivals to express parking, or you from express parking to arrivals. I thought you could no longer go in the lift. or ids that the internal lifts?
Old Sep 27th 2021, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
How did she get from arrivals to express parking, or you from express parking to arrivals. I thought you could no longer go in the lift. or ids that the internal lifts?
Im not sure but she managed it on her own with two children, maybe the escalators were working.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

To get to Express Parking from arrivals, go up escalator directly in front of arrivals exit, then enter a corridor with (non)-moving walkways till you get to the pedestrian entrance to Express Parking. This is where cars turn left to enter the parking area. From Express parking to arrivals, find the pedestrian exit that leads directly to the corridor. There is another exit on the opposite side that takes you into open air, which is to be avoided. Then follow the corridor until you get to a set of escalators, go down and you are just outside the exit from the arrivals.
Non-passengers can't enter the terminal buildings, so the only way to move to a different level (to arrivals, departures etc) is to use a set of escalators, stairs and lifts (all operational) in the public area next to a snack bar and bus ticket office (closed). Only public toilets are located in the basement.

Last edited by Joppa; Sep 27th 2021 at 5:43 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Exit the arrival hall to the outside. Directly in front is the building mentioned by Joppa that houses lifts, ramps and escalators. Go up to Departures level. You'll see a corridor/walkway running parallel with the airport buildings. It has inside walkways that rarely work. Follow the corridor and you'll come to on your right hand side, the Express parking. It is in the open air. Walk out of the corridor and you're there.
If you want the normal parking in the multi-storey car park, just keep walking along the walkway/corridor.

Last edited by Mark604; Sep 28th 2021 at 6:43 am.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks guys. Just what I need!