Reload this Page >

Making the move

Making the move

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Jilly Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Making the move

Hi there,
more Brits jumping ship, we are looking at moving to Aguilas on the Costa Calida. I am a Holistic Therapist, the old man is a Carpenter. Is there anyone in the area of Murcia who could give us some information on he area?
Is there much in the way of work out there?
Thankful for any info, cheers Jilly Jo

Last edited by Jilly Jo; Jan 22nd 2007 at 7:54 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making the move

Originally Posted by Jilly Jo
Hi there,
more Brits jumping ship, we are looking at moving to Aguilas on the Costa Calida. I am a Holistic Therapist, the old man is a Carpenter. Is there anyone in the area of Murcia who could give us some information on he area?
Is there much in the way of work out there?
Thankful for any info, cheers Jilly Jo
Hi,
No info on that area but would like to wish you well.
When are you planning on coming out? xxxxxx
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Hi,

We are in the Murcia region, but inland in the ricote valley, we have visited aquilas many times as our favourite beach is just outside the town there, lovley and unspoilt with sand dunes and blue seas. Murcia is said to have the best weather and health properties in Spain, Torravieja further North along the coast has been labled the healthiest place in the world to live by the world health organisation, so lots going for the area, it is still unspoilt by over tourism and coastal belts now have restrictions on building. Further inland the national parks are stunning. On the work front chippies are not in great demand, i know its my trade too, but i have run a business fitting suspended ceilings and office partitions in the UK for a long time. Most homes have little in the way of joinery, roofs beam and block over concreted and tiled, floors the same, doors and windows come pre-hung and are fitted by the builder etc. Kitchen fitting seems viable as most expats want what they are used to, however marbleworktops are the norm. With regards to holistic medicine, again great if you can get a client base out of ex-pats and maybe locals as time goes by. My wife has a set of seven Toning tables in storage in the UK which she planned to set up in Spain, however not being in an expat comunity the logistics at present are stacked aginst us. I have brought other property to renovate and that is the route i am taking initially, possibly to rent out or sell on. With a bit of luck you should be fine, most joiners are multi skilled, Good luck with your move, any questions about aspects of life etc in the region i'll be glad to help if i can.

Paul

Last edited by PaulLes; Jan 23rd 2007 at 2:57 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Jilly Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks paul for the info, we visited Aguilas for a couple of days at X.mas, we were looking at a property about 10 mins. out of the town, it was a lovely place amongst orange groves and lettuces. Good info on work front thanks for that. I renovate listed buildings and convert old barns so i might just move there for a bit of the quiet life, and get away from wet Wales...
One thing, hat is the best airport to fly into for Aguilas area? Xmas we drove there from Malaga..
Thanks for your time, louie.