Reload this Page >

Making the big move!

Making the big move!

Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

brit_87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Making the big move!

Hi all!

I have just signed myself up to here after being recommended my a friend!

The story up to now is that I'm 19 and moving to Spain very soon!

Now I was wondering if anyone knew what the situation would be if I wanted to study and become a teacher or something similar?

Are their colleges in Spain or would it be a case of studying from home?

Also what is it like for getting a job?

I am totally oblivious to anything that goes on in Spain so moving there is going to be a big step! But I feel it's something I should do!
I am not the best at learning languages but I am able to say a few simple words and phrases and continuously learning!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Hope
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:51 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Making the big move!

Originally Posted by brit_87
Hi all!

I have just signed myself up to here after being recommended my a friend!

The story up to now is that I'm 19 and moving to Spain very soon!

Now I was wondering if anyone knew what the situation would be if I wanted to study and become a teacher or something similar?

Are their colleges in Spain or would it be a case of studying from home?

Also what is it like for getting a job?

I am totally oblivious to anything that goes on in Spain so moving there is going to be a big step! But I feel it's something I should do!
I am not the best at learning languages but I am able to say a few simple words and phrases and continuously learning!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Hope

Hi brit87

Welcome to BE, another youngun who plans to make the move here -

Well I can't answer any of your questions but I know a person who can (and it's not Pepe - in joke you will soon get the hang of it ) This is the place to come for good quality unbias ( ) opinions. I can't remember being 19 I know I was married I would go as far to say young, single, free, adventurous you may just be the sort of person that will do well. Good luck, never loose sight of that dream God bless - Crispy
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Hi there.

Why are you moving to Spain? Are you moving on your own or with family / friends?

Kyla
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi brit87

Welcome to BE, another youngun who plans to make the move here -

Well I can't answer any of your questions but I know a person who can (and it's not Pepe - in joke you will soon get the hang of it ) This is the place to come for good quality unbias ( ) opinions. I can't remember being 19 I know I was married I would go as far to say young, single, free, adventurous you may just be the sort of person that will do well. Good luck, never loose sight of that dream God bless - Crispy
Thanks crispy!
Fingers crossed someone can help! Last minute nerves are really kicking in now! I'm only used to going there on holiday but the thought of staying there
Oh well thanks again for the welcome!
Hope x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kyla
Hi there.

Why are you moving to Spain? Are you moving on your own or with family / friends?

Kyla
To be honest I'm not sure why but I have always enjoyed the idea of a life outside of the UK! I am moving with family and my partner!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:01 pm

Thanks crispy!
Fingers crossed someone can help! Last minute nerves are really kicking in now! I'm only used to going there on holiday but the thought of staying there
Oh well thanks again for the welcome!
Hope x
I hope you don't mind me asking this but you seem pretty young (or is it I seem so old) how much thought have you given this, do you have somewhere to stay, have you thought about what area, have you enough of the green stuff to last you a good few months, will you know any one here. You know you can do some google stuff and may be find out what is needed to teach but I would think if you thinking of training here in Spain you will at least need to speak Spanish and you will need the money to pay for it. At 19 I would think you would be better doing teacher training in UK and at the same time learn Spanish and then in 4 years time you would be qualified and then it would make a big difference to your prospects here.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Whereabouts in Spain are you moving?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

I hope you don't mind me asking this but you seem pretty young (or is it I seem so old) how much thought have you given this, do you have somewhere to stay, have you thought about what area, have you enough of the green stuff to last you a good few months, will you know any one here. You know you can do some google stuff and may be find out what is needed to teach but I would think if you thinking of training here in Spain you will at least need to speak Spanish and you will need the money to pay for it. At 19 I would think you would be better doing teacher training in UK and at the same time learn Spanish and then in 4 years time you would be qualified and then it would make a big difference to your prospects here.
I have been sat on the idea for the past 3 years so I thought it was time I did it!
We have purchased a property and it is ready for us it is just a case of tieing up loose ends here
Myself, my partner and my family have no worry on the money side at the moment
I have tried google and to be honest i just get lost! I don't know where to start
I guess at this point I can safely say that in a few months I will be living in the Costa Blanca planning my future!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:09 pm

I have been sat on the idea for the past 3 years so I thought it was time I did it!
We have purchased a property and it is ready for us it is just a case of tieing up loose ends here
Myself, my partner and my family have no worry on the money side at the moment
I have tried google and to be honest i just get lost! I don't know where to start
I guess at this point I can safely say that in a few months I will be living in the Costa Blanca planning my future!

A girl after my own heart - an IT virgin oh you a girl aren't you

Well you seem to be organised and if money is not a prob then when you get here it will be easier to sort if you are hands on as they say.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

A girl after my own heart - an IT virgin oh you a girl aren't you

Well you seem to be organised and if money is not a prob then when you get here it will be easier to sort if you are hands on as they say.
Yes I'm a girl
I'm not necessarily an IT virgin just completely useless when it comes to google!
I am pretty much organised up to now but I just want to be able to put my mind to rest, even if just a little as to how I go about further education!
But I just hope someone else knows something that can help
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kyla
Whereabouts in Spain are you moving?
Murcia
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Hi brit_87, Sounds like you have made your decision. Sometimes I think if you are of a mind to, then you just have to do it. You are the right age for it, and will get so much useful experience, which, whatever happens you will never lose.

Can't remember which of the beatles words these are, John Lennon I think, no matter, they say it all for me. 'Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans'. Synchronicity, happy accidents, serendipity, if you're open to all possibilities you will get the best out of any situation, and have a lot of fun. (Keep your eyes wide open though)!!!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I'm a girl
I'm not necessarily an IT virgin just completely useless when it comes to google!
I am pretty much organised up to now but I just want to be able to put my mind to rest, even if just a little as to how I go about further education!
But I just hope someone else knows something that can help
Hi brit_87, welcome...have you tried the Spanish Embassy for information..?

Try Here

They may be able to tell you what if any opportunities there are...Good luck..
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hi brit_87, welcome...have you tried the Spanish Embassy for information..?

Try Here

They may be able to tell you what if any opportunities there are...Good luck..
Thanks bhudda I will look into that
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:05 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

I moved near murcia on my own when I was 18, was easy lots of english areas nearby you should settle in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.