Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Majorca living Help needed please.

Majorca living Help needed please.

Old Sep 17th 2006, 9:04 pm
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light
Question Majorca living Help needed please.

Hi

New to the forum and want to say hello and pick your brains if possible?

I have been searching to move from the Uk before the deeper rot sets in , but thats another story for another post maybe !

First choice was USA but thats to hard to get into .unless you are a millionaire

Been to Turkey propertys good value but a few bits about the places didnt quite feel homely .

Checked out mainland Spain nice but discovered the place where i feel at home and that is Majorca.

Anyone live there 100% not just for holidays ?
I want to sell up and live there full time , any advice on the island would be good specially as to winter times when seasons finished how quiet does it get ?

I would also consider opening a Tyre Retread plant on the island as that has been my expertise for some 32 years and have been unable to find out if such a factory exists on the island ? Could anyone let me know if one exists or who services the big trucks that run throughout the island ?
Would be listed in the yellow pages maybe under Tyre retreading repairing , Manufacturers etc..
Searched on the net but havent found a good yellow pages thing .

If one exists then feel i could offer my expertise in the company being one of the top UK tyre technicians and hence give me some top up income for my retirement plan. without needing to have the hassles of shipping the factory equipment over etc..

Thanks in advance

Peter

Last edited by Bossman-kent; Sep 17th 2006 at 9:36 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:20 pm
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Majorca living Help needed please.

Originally Posted by Bossman-kent
Hi

New to the forum and want to say hello and pick your brains if possible?

I have been searching to move from the Uk before the deeper rot sets in , but thats another story for another post maybe !

First choice was USA but thats to hard to get into .unless you are a millionaire

Been to Turkey propertys good value but a few bits about the places didnt quite feel homely .

Checked out mainland Spain nice but discovered the place where i feel at home and that is Majorca.

Anyone live there 100% not just for holidays ?
I want to sell up and live there full time , any advice on the island would be good specially as to winter times when seasons finished how quiet does it get ?

I would also consider opening a Tyre Retread plant on the island as that has been my expertise for some 32 years and have been unable to find out if such a factory exists on the island ? Could anyone let me know if one exists or who services the big trucks that run throughout the island ?
Would be listed in the yellow pages maybe under Tyre retreading repairing , Manufacturers etc..
Searched on the net but havent found a good yellow pages thing .

If one exists then feel i could offer my expertise in the company being one of the top UK tyre technicians and hence give me some top up income for my retirement plan. without needing to have the hassles of shipping the factory equipment over etc..

Thanks in advance

Peter
Hmmmmmmm i guess no one lives there lol
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Had a look on the net for you, but like you say everything is for the tourist side only.
How about emailing a car hire company and see who do their tyres, they may give you some pointers if there is a retread company out there ?
regards john
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:43 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Mallorca for a while while we renovated a Yacht, there are a few sites,

http://www.expats.org.uk/countryinfo/spain.html

http://www.a2zmallorca.com/

http://www.abc-mallorca.com/

Or try the link bellow, they are one of the best spain portals out there!
There was one brilliand expat site i saw ages ago but i cant remember it. If i do i will PM you. Hope this was helpful

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/cgi-...ek/search2.cgi

Last edited by rugbymatt; Sep 24th 2006 at 3:00 pm. Reason: Forgot the link!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:58 pm
Banned

Thanks Guys will do.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you were a millionaire
Old Sep 24th 2006, 3:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
I thought you were a millionaire

You just hoped!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

He`s probably like me and just spent a million
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:07 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jdr
He`s probably like me and just spent a million

Not bloody surprised living in Benalmadena!!!!

Last edited by rugbymatt; Sep 24th 2006 at 4:08 pm. Reason: Cant spell for crap!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not bloody surprised living in Benalmadena!!!!
Yeah ,butI live in the posh part, if it was the tourist bars it would be 2 million
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:14 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jdr
Yeah ,butI live in the posh part, if it was the tourist bars it would be 2 million

so do you live in a bar?
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
so do you live in a bar?
No way, they are the downfall of most expats who think they will make a fortune. Bar owners change more times than Spanish laws
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:21 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jdr
No way, they are the downfall of most expats who think they will make a fortune. Bar owners change more times than Spanish laws

Thats for sure, i ran one for some brits when i was out there, i had lived out there for a couple of years and they thought they would sit back and see their money roll in!!! Didnt quite work out that way!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Just did a quick search on google for neumaticos (tyres) mallorca and it threw up
186,000 results.
BW.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by big wheels
Just did a quick search on google for neumaticos (tyres) mallorca and it threw up
186,000 results.
BW.

hmmmmm neumaticos i will look through them .. see you in a month lol

Thanks