Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

mains - USB socket

mains - USB socket

Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mains - USB socket

Hi all - just arrived back home after 2 months in UK and realised that I left the device to charge my new camera behind!

Basically, it's a plug with a socket in it where you can attach a USB device.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy such a thing here - I'd prefer one with 2 pins anyway

Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mains - USB socket

Yes, I have one, got it somewhere like Urende or eroski I think.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lunacrout
Hi all - just arrived back home after 2 months in UK and realised that I left the device to charge my new camera behind!

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy such a thing here - I'd prefer one with 2 pins anyway

Motorola V3 chagers are like that, or just plug it into your PC or laptop and it will charge.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you brought the cable with you, it should charge off a USB port on a PC but at a slower rate than from the mains/USB adaptor.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lunacrout

Worten sell them along with many of the Asian Bazaars
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

thanks all -that's great.

I never thought of the PC option - D'oh!!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:48 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Actually, in theory, all phones will be charged that way. An international accord even - now there's a first!!!

You can buy kits in Carrefour - very cheap; for the car, for the home, on the move etc

Davexf
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 9:00 am
inj
Just Joined

inj is just really niceinj is just really niceinj is just really niceinj is just really niceinj is just really niceinj is just really niceinj is just really niceinj is just really nice

It is standard USB to Mini USB cable. You can buy it everywhere including the chinese stores. Also you can order it from ebay for a very low price or from dealextreme if you are willing to wait for 1-2 weeks. In dealextreme you can find wall charger, car charger, cable, etc. Pay attention that some devices will not charge through USB plug of the computer. The power from the pc is only 50mW and sometimes is not enough for some cameras, phones, etc.

Also pay attention to the thickness of the usb cable. I had some bad experience with such kits from Carrefour. It was very thin cable that the system is working only for data transfers and not for charging.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

I charged it via the laptop overnight & it worked fine - so I'm very happy

Will check out the bazaar shops tomorrow.