Reload this Page >

Mail order business in Spain

Mail order business in Spain

Old Jan 28th 2016, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

capriol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mail order business in Spain

Hi there,

I run a successful mail order business in the UK, however for various reasons I am intending to relocate to Spain. The majority of my customers are in continental Europe.

I'd like to bring the business with me.

I have a few areas where I could really do with some advice:

1. Correos, Franking & Couriers

In the UK, we have a daily collection from Royal Mail because we send out quite a lot of mail each day. I've looked on the Correos website and it appears that this is a service which they offer. Does anybody have any experience with this? Will they collect from a residential address?

I use a Pitney Bowes franking machine for mail. I looked on Google at it seems that there is a Spanish equivalent, but does anyone have any experience of where to get one?

I also use couriers regularly in the UK (DHL/UPS/TNT), and use a company called Interparcel.com. This is much cheaper than booking direct. Does anyone know a similar service in Spain? I need to be able to offer next day delivery to Western Europe.

2. Area - Benalmedena? Finding property.

I didn't really know where to start, however a friend recommended Benalmedena and so I've started looking at properties along the coast between Fuerengirola and Malaga. I like the fact that there is a train between the coastal towns and the airport, which will be good as I will need to travel quite a lot between Spain and the UK. I also want to be in or very near a town, and preferably by the coast.

I've found a few properties on Kyero.com, however there really doesn't appear to be much available. Are there any other websites that are good for finding property? I'm looking to rent for six months and then either keep renting or buy somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 7:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail order business in Spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 30th 2016, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail order business in Spain

Just beware that not every property is allowed to run a business from it.