LPG oven

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

grishart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LPG oven

Hi
I have brought over a lpg oven. I have fitted 10mm coper pipe from the gas bottles outside and want to fit a flexible hose so I can slide the oven into position between the brick pillors.
Does anyone know where to get a flexible hose in the uk or spain?

many thanks
Chris
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:20 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPG oven

Hi

Try Leroy Merlin's or any gas sales shop

Davexf
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: LPG oven

Hi davexf

Have tried Leroy Merlin but they only seem to have the orange hose to run off the bottle and not the ones that go behind the oven.

unless I have that wrong.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:57 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grishart
Hi davexf

Have tried Leroy Merlin but they only seem to have the orange hose to run off the bottle and not the ones that go behind the oven.

unless I have that wrong.
It's the same tube.

However, legally speaking, this has to be done and then checked by a certified gas engineer. You should also check that you have the necessary ventilation.

Just as you would in UK really
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Is there not an issue with the heat behind the oven?

I have fitted an air vent behind the oven next to the fan.

would i need to fit the hose via jubilee clips onto a nozzle fitting at each end of my 10mm pipe?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:22 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grishart
Is there not an issue with the heat behind the oven?

I have fitted an air vent behind the oven next to the fan.

would i need to fit the hose via jubilee clips onto a nozzle fitting at each end of my 10mm pipe?
I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer that (in fact, no, I'm not). I really think you need expert advice.

Is it just an oven or is it a 'hob' as well with open burners? If it is, then these need to be vented to prevent Carbon Monoxide build up as well.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:11 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's available all over Spain even in Chinky shops.

Note, If you use to long a length of the flexible tube you may find that it won't work, probably due to pressure drop? Shorten it and all will be fine.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 8:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
It's available all over Spain even in Chinky shops.

Note, If you use to long a length of the flexible tube you may find that it won't work, probably due to pressure drop? Shorten it and all will be fine.
Surely if you shorten it then it will not reach the cooker and you will end up with rather a lot of gas floating around in the kitchen.

Sorry could not resist.

Graham
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
It's the same tube.

However, legally speaking, this has to be done and then checked by a certified gas engineer. You should also check that you have the necessary ventilation.

Just as you would in UK really
No it's not!
To comply with regulations and for safety's sake it should be a flexible metal tube behind the cooker!
I don't even want to think about what would happen with a rubber tube if things were to go wrong.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:35 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by megmet
No it's not!
To comply with regulations and for safety's sake it should be a flexible metal tube behind the cooker!
I don't even want to think about what would happen with a rubber tube if things were to go wrong.
See, told you I wasn't qualified to answer!

Get a professional in to be safe.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:42 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
No it's not!
there would be a Navy Lark moment......

Whizzz

BANG !

Oooohh Nasty ! !