loyalty cards

Old Feb 26th 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default loyalty cards

Has anyone been able to figure out how the loyalty cards for Carrefour and Leroy Merlin work? I have one for each and hand them over every time I make a payment, (and I have spent lots of money in both shops) but haven't yet been able to cash in anything; unfortunately I have lost the original leaflets which contained this info.

At Carrefour they keep giving me a till ticket which appears to tell me how much money I have accumulated and the dates between which I can claim this but when I go into the shop within that time period I am told those dates are just for information and I should have come in last week. Has anyone been able to make sense of this or should I just throw the card in the bin?

I haven't any idea about Leroy Merlin; no-one there has ever mentioned it when I go.

And does Mercadona have a loyalty card which is worth having?

Kath.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: loyalty cards

I use carrefour regularly for food and fuel - the system works perfectly well! Check the dates, you may have made a mistake. If they say no and the date is correct and you have your card, then ask for their boss and then the complaints book!!!
Old Feb 29th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Thanks, I am now officially confirmed as a dummy. But could you explain in words of one syllable for dummies exactly how it does work. I happily hand over my card when I pay for anything and from time to time I am given a slip telling me how much I have 'saved'' and also giving me some dates. I assumed I could claim my 'savings' during those dates but when I tried it at the end of December I was told I should have come in earlier. I did complain and was told it was intended for regular users of the store. The dates on the next slip were somewhere in January to 29 February, she said I had to use the card before 15 Feb. So I did but when I went back again last week it still wasn't right. I am obviously doing something wrong but don't know what. Is there something else I need to take with me to prove I have spent the money or what? Is there a minimum number of times I need to use the card? Why (as I was told last week) are the dates on the slip for 'information only'?
Thanks

Kath (the dummy)
Old Mar 5th 2012, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kath,

I don't have a Club Carrefour card, but their website may be of some help to you. From what I can read/understand it appears you need to have a printed coupon (cheque ahorro) to present with your clubcard. You can get this at the frontdesk. The cheque ahorro is quarterly. Accumulated savings can not be carried over into the next quarter.

Sorry but I don't understand the dates January - 29 Feb (not a quarter), so perhaps you could query this with the company.

There is a helpline and/or an online "incident" ("Incidencias" section on the link below) report facility which may prove beneficial (using google translate if necessary). Also, assuming you've kept all the printed receipts within this quarter.

It would be interesting to see if they respond with anything more than a "too late".

http://www.carrefour.es/ayuda/#p13

When the page opens, scroll up to the section marked "El Club Carrefour".

Carol