Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lost NiE number

Lost NiE number

Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Maidstoned Eagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost NiE number

I've lost the sheet of paper I was given with my number on during a house move. Can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know how I go about getting a copy of it?
Old Sep 17th 2006, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lost NiE number

You will need to go and apply again.

Do you have anything with your number on it? Self-adhesive tax labels, for example. If so, give them the number when you apply otherwise just tell them you already have one but don't know what it is.

When they enter your details into the system it should come up with your number.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Agnes is an unknown quantity at this point

When you reapply you will be given the same number. You should reapply when you move house anyway.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Do you have anything with your number on it? Self-adhesive tax labels, for example. If so, give them the number when you apply otherwise just tell them you already have one but don't know what it is.

When they enter your details into the system it should come up with your number.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 9:24 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Agnes
You should reapply when you move house anyway.
There is no requirement to reapply when you move.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Do I need to apply at the same place I again?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:26 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought but why not goto your bank and ask for your NIE number?

Surely they have it on file!??!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:06 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

Originally Posted by zel

For all the horror stories I heard about the Spanish bureaucracy getting our Social Security and NIE numbers was pretty painless. The Social Security number was issued right while we waited and the NIE number will be sent shortly. The only problem were facing is that I'm Canadian and not EU so they wouldn't accept my application for the Social Security number, so we didn't even bother trying form my NIE number. Once Chris has her's we'll apply for mine.

Thankfully it won't affect my ability to earn an income (free lance English teacher, what else is new eh ) or our budget would be in trouble!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zel

Thts worth a try....mind you I don't think I needed it to open the account.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Thts worth a try....mind you I don't think I needed it to open the account.
Got a Padron?/ Bought a car,, Paid your electric bill or Tel Bill,, you would have had to give either your NIE or Passport No,, so maybe its on one of those!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

It's no good just knowing what the number is. The original NIE sheet from the police is often required for various things.