Reload this Page >

Lost/forgot NIE number

Lost/forgot NIE number

Old Sep 19th 2014, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Anna Spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost/forgot NIE number

Hello

Oooh can someone help me please...I worked in Span many years ago and have no idea what my NIE number is anymore..I am starting a new job soon and obviously will need it. Does anyone know what documents i need in order for them to find it again? and where do i apply? Can i try at the Spanish embassy in London? Or when i arrive in Spain? Would they really find it though or should i apply for a new one?

Thanks...PANIC!
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:08 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost/forgot NIE number

Your NIE is for life. If I were you then I would go to the Embassy and give them as much detail as you can. Take your passport and any relevant information that you have concerning your past employment. Hopefully, they should be able to find it for you.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute

im lost mine going to get another one next month cant remember where it was only i know its in orihuela i have to manke an appointment or be there the crack or dawn my solictor will make the appointment for me ,just found it at the police station in the town hall for me ,depend where you are hope it helps
Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazzabob
im lost mine going to get another one next month cant remember where it was only i know its in orihuela i have to manke an appointment or be there the crack or dawn my solictor will make the appointment for me ,just found it at the police station in the town hall for me ,depend where you are hope it helps
Check before you go. The police station is not next to the town hall, that WAS the foreigners office which has now moved to the other side of the town. The police station used to only see foreigners after 4pm with an appointment but if you leave it until about 5.30pm and just walk in they will usually see you after everyone else has been attended to.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

cliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get an NIE number it's a good idea to have it tattooed on you somewhere.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

If you still have your SIP card it might be on that.Mine is.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you all, well the embassy here in London can't help recouperate the number, they said I need to ask for it at the local police station in Spain....anyone knows where i can apply for this in Santa Pola by any chance?

Thanks again, Anna
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:45 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anna Spain
Thank you all, well the embassy here in London can't help recouperate the number, they said I need to ask for it at the local police station in Spain....anyone knows where i can apply for this in Santa Pola by any chance?

Thanks again, Anna
... again, be aware that in Spain there are three 'types' of police;
  • Guardia - the National Guard
  • Local Police - traffic wardens with guns
  • National police - more like police in UK

It's the National Police station that you require.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Just about every piece of documentation that I have has my NIE on it so I suggest that you search through all your old paperwork and see whether you can find it.

Rosemary
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone, i did call the local police in Santa Pola who referred me to "la commiseria" in Elche. I spoke to them too and they were very helpful and said that i could just drop by and bring my passport and that's it, they would find it and it would only take a day! Can this be true?
It sounds a bit easy...

I don't understand how they can find the number with just my DOB?

And Rosemary; I have tried to find an old document with no success, it was 9 years since i lived there and any old payslip or similar have been thrown out.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:03 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

When you first apply for an NIE they ask for your passport number. The snag is that UK passports, when renewed, have a new number which they will not be able to pick up their database.

If you have had a new passport in the intervening period, make sure you know what the old number was.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Fred, exactly what i was thinking. I have a Swedish passport and it also changes passport numbers. I think i have my old passport still...but if i don't; will they be unable to find my number if so?
Since it was a long time ago i don't remember things like my former adress etc...

Thanks again
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:21 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You could just try applying for a new one. They will either find your old one or give you a new one.

Either way, a result!
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:50 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anna Spain
Thanks everyone, i did call the local police in Santa Pola who referred me to "la commiseria" in Elche. I spoke to them too and they were very helpful and said that i could just drop by and bring my passport and that's it, they would find it and it would only take a day! Can this be true?
It sounds a bit easy...

I don't understand how they can find the number with just my DOB?

And Rosemary; I have tried to find an old document with no success, it was 9 years since i lived there and any old payslip or similar have been thrown out.

I'm confused - why the local police and not the National Police?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Snikpoh, i called the local police office in Santa Pola? and they referred me to la commisiria in Elche.
I found my old passport that i used to apply for the NIE so i hope it will all go smoothly, will update!
Fredjames; i thought of just applying for a new one in case it seemed difficult to retrieve my old one but the person i spoke to today seemed very convinced it was a one day job to find it so...hope that's true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.