Reload this Page >

Lost driving lincence

Lost driving lincence

Old Mar 31st 2017, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

catsndogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost driving lincence

Hi All
Hubby has lost his Driving Licence. He does not understand that you put a roof rack on a car not your wallet containing bank cards, health card, etc. Last week same thing with phone he'd had for 3 days!!!!! Anyway how do we replace licence please? Thank you
Old Mar 31st 2017, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost driving lincence

Originally Posted by catsndogs
Hi All
Hubby has lost his Driving Licence. He does not understand that you put a roof rack on a car not your wallet containing bank cards, health card, etc. Last week same thing with phone he'd had for 3 days!!!!! Anyway how do we replace licence please? Thank you
You need to go to your local "Trafico". You will need to fill out an application form, pay a small fee, if it is the normal plastic one don't think you even need photos as they will have them on file. If you do it is a standard size in colour. Must take your passport and residence certificate .Costs about Euro 20,-

https://citatrafico.es/duplicado-carnet-de-conducir/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mod.03-ES.pdf (183.5 KB, 82 views)
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was mandatory to report its loss to the Guardia Civil, but this may now be out of date.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

We have done that and were told to go back on Monday?? Will take a friend who chats in Spanish.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not an answer to the OP's question I concede, but isn't a bit somewhat of an anachronism that driving licence procedures are still deal with by the Police? Surely the administration should nowadays be handled by a separate private body and not the police?
And yes I know "This is Spain".
Only a personal view!
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point is you have lost a government issued document which can have a value in the wrong hands. Also by taking out a denuncia you are stating legally you have lost it and are not applying to get a new one falsely.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spainrico
I think the point is you have lost a government issued document which can have a value in the wrong hands. Also by taking out a denuncia you are stating legally you have lost it and are not applying to get a new one falsely.
Yes I get that, I was really talking about getting the replacement. This should be a process able to be completed online surely in this day and age? Having to visit Traffico is really something that should be updated. And surely also, a report of theft to the local Policia Local should be sufficient?
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

We went to police today and were given a document allowing hubby to drive until new one received. All on computer so just got to go to Trafico. Thanks for all your help
Old Apr 4th 2017, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
Not an answer to the OP's question I concede, but isn't a bit somewhat of an anachronism that driving licence procedures are still deal with by the Police? Surely the administration should nowadays be handled by a separate private body and not the police?
Only a personal view!
Normal licence renewals and applications are no longer handled by the police. Easily done at an accredited medical centre, they do the required health, vision etc tests, take your photograph and so on. You pay them and about two weeks later the licence turns up at your home address. Only if lost, stolen do you have to get the police involved and go to Trafico.
Old Apr 5th 2017, 1:49 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
Only a personal view!
I would rather that than DVLA where it is much easier to obtain a fraudulent driving license and car registration document.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Not wishing to hijack the thread but a quick question.

I believe a UK licence has to be exchanged for a Spanish one if resident but does that similarly apply to all EU licences, I'm thinking French secifically?

If so the rule would seem to fly against EU norms and may in fact be contrary to the relevant EU directives.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
Not wishing to hijack the thread but a quick question.

I believe a UK licence has to be exchanged for a Spanish one if resident but does that similarly apply to all EU licences, I'm thinking French secifically?

If so the rule would seem to fly against EU norms and may in fact be contrary to the relevant EU directives.
That is correct.
Portugal also gives some leeway as long as you have an official Portuguese translation of it issued by the driving licencing office. But once an EU licence expires e.g. at 65 it must be changed for a Portuguese licence.