Los alcazares

Old Jan 9th 2017, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Griz46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Los alcazares

Good morning

We own an apartment in los alcazares , would anyone be able to give us an update on conditions after the flood

Much appreciated
Old Jan 9th 2017, 10:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Los alcazares

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 10th 2017, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Los alcazares

Originally Posted by Griz46
Good morning

We own an apartment in los alcazares , would anyone be able to give us an update on conditions after the flood

Much appreciated
Hello

I am from the region of Murcia, and also I have summered since my childhood (especially in the 80's) in Los Alcázares, although I have not gone for several years, but my apartment I have lent it to sisters, friends, etc. etc. I was there on the first day of winter, that is, on December 20th of this year

If your apartment is not a ground floor, I don't think you had problems. My apartment (which is not very big, and is near the old military base) is a first floor so the flood has not gotten there. In fact my aunt has a chalet, and the water has barely arrived, but it is because the chalet has a certain height with respect to the ground

It is a disastrous, at least when I was, but I mean disaster to much mud, etc. etc. There are some infrastructures that are ruined by water, like some areas of the promenade, but there are no collapsed houses or anything like that. It is true that the flood has dragged some vehicles, but it is not an apocalyptic zone, at least that is what I have seen for my area, which are houses flooded with water, but those that are at ground level, and also underground garages. People who have lost things are mostly those who have houses at ground level, for the things of value, and also the subject of cars. In my case, my aunt has lost her car, a Seat, and one of my cousins another vehicle, an Audi

If I can, later I might put some picture of when I was there. I've been there since I was a child, that is, since the late 70's, and I've never seen anything like it. I think that something similar happened in 1953, but the problem is that it is not what rained there, it rained a lot, the problem is that the flood is water that came from elsewhere, posibly from the higher areas. It is a problem that they have to solve

Regards

Last edited by Relampago; Jan 10th 2017 at 12:26 pm.