Reload this Page >

looking for work in the Real Estate Industry near Benisa

looking for work in the Real Estate Industry near Benisa

Old Apr 19th 2014, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

kay5151 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for work in the Real Estate Industry near Benisa

Hello
I have worked in real Estate all my life, and I am now looking to re-locate to spain around the Alicante Area. I speak Spanish quite well, and also have run my own Inventory Business. I am looking for work in Real Estate. Any advice or job offers much appreciated ..
Looking to re-locate September time
Old Apr 19th 2014, 9:05 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for work in the Real Estate Industry near Benisa

This is too late for an April Fool's joke
Old Apr 19th 2014, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

No its not a joke. I have lived in Spain before, and know that work is hard, but I was only putting out a feed. you obviously have lost the will to live
Old Apr 19th 2014, 10:17 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I am quite happy living the dream. You must know, employment prospects are dire particularly for estate agents. LOL

Last edited by missile; Apr 19th 2014 at 10:20 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 1:40 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

many estate agent's in Spain seem to operate with a foot in both countries, using commission agent's to show houses

is there anything else you could do ??
Old Apr 20th 2014, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Yes i run my own inventory business. I could use my skills to make inventories for people who rent out their homes, I could also do weekly checks on properties. etc.. I am also a dog walker, and would like maybe to start up a small dog caring business, where they are looked after in the home ,and not in kennels etc.. I have lots of skills, just need to put them into practice, and need to make the first move... Its scary. but I am now 56 years old, and I do not want to look back in 10 years and say.. : why did'nt I do that ??????,,,,,.........
Old Apr 20th 2014, 3:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kay5151
Yes i run my own inventory business. I could use my skills to make inventories for people who rent out their homes, I could also do weekly checks on properties. etc.. I am also a dog walker, and would like maybe to start up a small dog caring business, where they are looked after in the home ,and not in kennels etc.. I have lots of skills, just need to put them into practice, and need to make the first move... Its scary. but I am now 56 years old, and I do not want to look back in 10 years and say.. : why did'nt I do that ??????,,,,,.........
without wishing to rude or personal......
why are you restricting your inventories to people, their homes, their dogs etc

in companies the inventory is referred to as an Asset.
Asset inventory is an important part of a business.
Firstly anyone in Retail has to carry out regular Asset Inventory to match the stock coming in against the stock remaining. As this is a variable feast dependent on the amount of stock when new stock comes in, it is also a means of finding "holes" caused by theft (by "customers" or staff). From this the nett value of the company can be seen

Secondly, in Commercial Asset inventory is also important as assets are bought in and then their value is depreciated over time dependent on how the local (national) tax regime allows this to be written off.
This covers everything permanent/semi-permanent such as desks, chairs, laptops, PC's, machinery, I have even seen rubber entrance mats - all of which (in the UK at least) can be seen having an Asset Inventory number. This is can then be tracked round the company, dependent on how many times internal moves take place, how things are moved nearer and nearer the back door as they get older. (i.e. a new desk in 1990 could well be used for Shipping Packing or in the Mail Room today)

You would need to do more research on this, the need, any additional skills etc. Would you need to tie yourself to one or more estate agent or solicitor or even an accountant or several - all of whom will need this information.

The principle is easy, it can be mindfully boring, and observational and computer skills are necessary (for the spreadsheets etc) but many companies will want such information.

and you will not be tied to working at one place for ever and can have the joy of taking on your own workload rather than receiving it from a youngster with no experience in life but a desire to sell houses.

hope this helps
Old Apr 20th 2014, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much , that is very helpful
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:43 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I am quite happy living the dream. You must know, employment prospects are dire particularly for estate agents. LOL
The market appears to be expanding again.
Tecnocasa to open 65 new estate agencies this year (article in Spanish)
http://cincodias.com/cincodias/2014/...30_688146.html
Of course that doesn't mean the OP would be successful in getting work them, and it doesn't even mean Tecnocasa have got the market right.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 10:35 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Many Agencies employ commission only, others pay a small retainer.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:25 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Many Agencies employ commission only, others pay a small retainer.
Yes, I think that would be the main problem, making enough to live on with commission only, also I suspect you would not be on a contract and therefore have to pay for private healthcare. If you had Russian language skills, then I suspect you might be better placed, Russians still seem to be one of the nationalities willing and able to buy houses there.